It’s a school night, but who’s drinking (and what is it) ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewDan

Landlord.
Reaction score
Pretty much as per the title, since I have at last managed to get back on the forums after a very long break, I thought I’d have a read though some posts while I try to make up my mind what to order online homebrew wise.

So it may be a school night, but I’ve a bottle of Guinness original I’m enjoying while reading up some reviews on stout kits, anyone else enjoying anything whether that be bought or made?

Shopping wise if anyone’s interested, I’m likely going to buy the HBC Irish stout AG kit, but I’d also like to get a kit to try, so far I’m looking at the coopers stout kit, Muntons imperial stout and the St. Peter’s cream stout.

I’ve a few bits to buy so trying to narrow down the stout kit to just the one, any recommendations?

Also looking at hotels for a weekend break in December, I think it could be an expensive evening!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be a school night, but it's also pay day, so me and some colleagues went for a couple after work. I had a couple of Young's London Stout. It was... fine. Dry with a hint of coffee, very pleasant. Served ice cold and full of nitrogen, and I suspect worse off for that.

Sounds good to me, I don’t think I have tried that , but perhaps I will sneak one in during lunch this week at work!

seeing as my kids are 21 and 26 :lol: there is no such thing as a school night. I do however work a 28 day shift pattern which equals 14 days off and 14 days on and seeing as the toughest part of the shift is ahead 4 nights in a row 7pm-7am I'm having a shedful tonight! :drunk:

silly sour saison - 15/20
mr president - 17/20
downtown dubble - my last one :-? 14/20
who's garden - 14/20

tonight the commercials have triumphed over the HB. :shock: I did expect that as I don't buy rubbish commercial beer unless trying for the first time and the two I chose were the weaker of my stock (In my opinion)

I took up HB as I was fed up of the rubbish in the supermarkets. There is still a lot of **** on sale but there are now at least some diamonds among the turds!!

I’ve never really heard of a shift pattern like that, but that amount of time off after must be good, plenty of opportunities for holidays!

Ah yes , there’s some good stuff around now, one thing I’ve been looking for everywhere without and joy is a pumpkin ale , I remember seeing them years ago all over the place this time of year but now I’m actually looking, nothing... perhaps I’ll just make one!

Didn't come on the forum last night but did have a glass of home brewed Sauvignon Blanc with my dinner last night and then a pint of homebrewed Chinook IPA whilst making up a Cwtch beer kit. :thumb:

Probably have a couple tonight too, Thursday is the new Friday.

It's not a school night it's half term :)

...and as such, I'm off looking after the little 'un, which means in my book it's a holiday so I'm entitled to beer every night :) Gonna try my AG English Pale Ale tonight.

Having a night off tonight. Had 3 days off this week so have had at least one beer every day since last Friday :whistle:

Coopers stout kit I did I messed up by using treacle instead of sugar, a little treacle may have been OK, but I used all treacle which was OTT. However I have still drunk it.

Perhaps after reading all of these posts I should see what I have in the crates from the home brew I made years ago.

From memory that could be anything from an alco coke, to an ale, to a Belgium beer. I still have a few cornies in storage that have something in them, can’t remember what, possibly a cider and some all grain stout - no co2 though , so that will have to wait for another day!

Less home brew last night but still had a drink. Ran for half an hour first to build up a thirst. Had a whisky and dry ginger pre dinner, whilst the missus was sorting dinner out I kegged my Dark Galleon. Shared a bottle of Shiraz (from the CoOp) with the missus and then finished of with a pint of IPA.

Daughter woke me up just after 5am :doh: Coffee needed today.

Hooray, it's (finally) not a school night & I'm ready for a beer. Off to our favourite pub with MrsK for a couple of pints of (probably) Shropshire Lad. Then back home for a curry & couple more of my own. I have John Bull Traditional English Ale & Admirals Reserve on the go at the moment :)

I’ve never really heard of a shift pattern like that, but that amount of time off after must be good, plenty of opportunities for holidays!

Ah yes , there’s some good stuff around now, one thing I’ve been looking for everywhere without and joy is a pumpkin ale , I remember seeing them years ago all over the place this time of year but now I’m actually looking, nothing... perhaps I’ll just make one!

its NNNN OOO DDD OO DD OOOO NNN OOO DD OO !

N= nights, D = Day O = off

my latest brew has just finished fermenting so can't really bottle til tuesday, :-( still it won't hurt it's my beer for xmas 2018!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back