�£10 worth of hops minimum?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crossmyloof for one do big quantities at a fair saving. Maybe the other places do as well I've never checked. I like the big American hops myself but thankfully im at a 100g +40g dry hop stage myself.

I've more or less done the same recipe the other night as a few weeks ago. But the recent one I chilled to 80 for the flameouts. Left for half an hour then he a half hour drain to fermenter. Gonna see if that makes much difference compared to flameouts at actual flameout.
(The half hour drain was unintentional and a bit of a balls up)

Greg Hughes does a brew with 600 grams,imperial IPA I think

GH does indeed do an Imperial IPA using US hops @ ABV of ~ 8.6%.

The hops are Chinook, Simcoe and Willamette but would only total around 260g for a 25L brew. Not done this one myself, as very hoppy beers do not really do for me. A nice Cascade SHA with up to 100g of English Cascade and a bit of general bittering is floral enough for me.

GH does indeed do an Imperial IPA using US hops @ ABV of ~ 8.6%.

The hops are Chinook, Simcoe and Willamette but would only total around 260g for a 25L brew. Not done this one myself, as very hoppy beers do not really do for me. A nice Cascade SHA with up to 100g of English Cascade and a bit of general bittering is floral enough for me.
Sorry Slid, my mistake, it’s James Morton.
I’m not a total hop monster you know, I like Cascade also 👍

There are two I fancy doing at both ends of the spectrum.

897E1A15-90DF-4D5F-9B33-10F6F51DA92E.jpg

AE70B551-9E32-4549-9712-D9E63BEC473B.jpg

Sorry Slid, my mistake, it’s James Morton.
I’m not a total hop monster you know, I like Cascade also 👍

Yes, that makes sense now - that is an extreme beer, right enough :thumb:

Latest posts

Back