Hangovers...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagacon

Reaction score
As most of us enjoy a tipple or two the after effects are sometimes unavoidable.

I appreciate that properly made home brew will more often than not ensure a hangover free morning, every so often a hangover creeps in. I was just wondering, how do you guys deal with them? What recipes, cure alls or sure fire methods do you employ? For me; it has to be the full english with loads of salt and a huge mug of tea. Or the hair of the dog, depending on plans for the day, liver faliure or running out of booze!

So come on - how do you ensure you live to drink another day? :twisted:

I don't get hangovers :cool: I don't know if that's a good or bad thing cause if i did then maybe my liver would last longer :lol:

Before I fall over or go to sleep. Or fall over and go to sleep. Or just fall over. Well, I "try" and have a pint of water and a couple of brain ache tablets. That seems to have worked for me. Can't remember the last time I had a hangover. :)
Well there was this time in the Maldives with a bottle of rum and a wheel barrow!! But thats another story!! :twisted: :twisted:

I just go really tired and need lots and lots of sleep :oops:

When I was younger and used to drink all sorts of rubbish i'd be sick in the morning regularly, not good :cry: kneeling in front of the big white 'phone shaking isn't a pretty sight :lol:

I agree that water and paracetamol seem to be a great way to try to prevent one.

Drinking whisky is a guaranteed "pin in my eye" type headache hangover :roll:

I did read that painkillers after a heavy session is really bad for your liver. That's probably hippy **** as it does seem to work. Good one guys, I'd forgotten about that one!

I usually employ the pint of water technique at bedtime, then when i wake up in the middle of the night needing to relieve ones-self, if i feel a headache coming on i pop a couple of paracetamol then, hopefully by that time most of the alcohol has worked its way through my system ;)

Wake up, drink a pint-be ****** again. Best cure :grin:

I've had some near fatal hangovers over the years and I never take anything for them. I figure they've kept me from becoming an alcoholic.

/Phil.

Phil said:
I've had some near fatal hangovers over the years and I never take anything for them. I figure they've kept me from becoming an alcoholic.

/Phil.

So far anyway :lol:

400Mg Ibuprofen and 2 pints of water before bed. The Ibuprofen is an anti infalamatory and stops the brain from swelling in its case causing headaches. The water naturaly helps with the dehydration. In the morning. A can of coke replaces sugars and a packet of salt and vinegar crisps replaces some of the salts lost during the revelling process.... (The coke and crisps thing is a great way of getting sugar, liquid and salt into kids who have had a dose of the squits.)
If that lot fails its bed and await an early death.... :sick:

I learned a valuable lesson last night.

Do not drink Stouts, then Bitters, then Red Wine and then think it's a good idea to drink the cheap bottle of "Cassini" (fizzy **** wine) that the indian take away delivers. :sick:

I feel a tad delicate this morning :oops:

I know :oops: at 1am today it really seemed like a great idea :wha: :sick:

Water and more water, sleep propped up on pillows(start off) and lucozade everytime you wake up. Works for me.

Latest posts

Back