Thank you

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken L

Landlord.
Reaction score
I just cracked the first bottle from my trial batch of WOW.
This was bottled in a 330ml beer bottle with no back sweetening and a very light priming to give a slight sparkle.
I was a little concerned about the rough edges on the flavour from the orange pith whan I bottled but these have rounded off a lot in the 10 days or so since I bottled and I assume that they will continue to round off a little more as the other bottles mature.
Mouth feel is good but there is a slight cloying catch at the back of the tongue. This wouldn't be noticable with food but with a glass on its own, it was definatley there - but again, I expect this to fade off a bit with maturation.
In short, the WOW is astonishingly good for a wine that costs pennies a bottle and I would comend it to anyone who is yet to try it.
As I found the glowing reviews and evangellical preeching about WOW on this site inspiring enough to start off with a 5 gallon "trial", I'd just like to say a big thank you to the posters and contributors to the site that convinced me to give it a try.
:cheers:

With the remaining 19L still in bulk storage, my current conundrum is whether to fine, de-gass, stabilise and back sweeten or simply prime and bottle.....

sounds like its going to get bettter the longer u leve it could u point me in the direction of the wow recipe please im looking to make cheap brew thanks

Latest posts

Back