Dry hop or hop tea

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkar

Reaction score
I have just kegged my bitter and twsited clone and on initial tastes is plenty bitter but the lemon aroma initially there has been wiped out a little . I am force carbing . I was wondering could i just open the keg and throw in a hopbag weighed down or make a hop tea (water boiled - leave for 20 -30 min- maybe about 10grams or so -preferable option) and pour in.

I've never tried a hop tea but have had great results with dry hopping, I normally leave the hops in there (weighed down as you say) for 5 to 7 days.

How much would you suggest for dry hopping , was gonna use styrians , dont want it to be grassy / skunky either , so that kinds put me off the dry hop , plus i would like to be drinking it in a couple of days which i understand you cant really do with dry hopping ?

From memory I only used a small amount of hops per 18L keg (around 10g or less)

I guess you could make a very concentrated hop tea and add a little at a time until you get it right, let us know how that turns out if you try it.

Back