Projectors - Anyone know much about them?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After my lucky win of a beer engine for £1.70, I have also won a pub projector (Seleco 350) from the same seller, does anyone know much about them? - It was working but then just stopped, figured it was worth a punt at £6.00 :)

:cheers:

Used DLP projectors quite a bit,but not one like this.If there is a fan/filter onboard I would probably start looking there. If its an old beast then it may have been in place during the smoking days in pubs. Nicotine + dust = overheat.

Found a link to the manual that might help

http://www.4tn.net/downloads.aspx

If it is the bulb that has gone it is probably not worth replacing unless you can also fins a cheap replacement.
I had some at work in the past that replacement bulbs cost £350.

Clear the dust filter, give it a good load of spray air and then polish the lense.

If it fires up, jobs a goodun.

It's very often the bulb that goes, usually due to thermal shock. When you turn a projector off, the bulb will go out, but the fan will continue to run for several minutes to cool it down properly. Many people don't bother reading the manual and do a hard power off, which more often then not, pops the bulb. Replacements are often in the £200-350 range!

Its not that type of projector, its an old pub 1

$T2eC16NHJGwFFZR(uhsJBRkkonhwBg~~60_58.JPG

That is crt type so has three 'tubes'. Probably not cost effective to repair.

That model dates back to the late 1990s, so if it's had heavy use, the CRT tubes may well have had their day - they are rated to approx 10,000 hours. My LCD projector has a counter which displays how many hours the bulb has done, not sure if the old CRT have a similar counter for the tubes, but if you can't even power it on, there's no way to check. You may have more luck on the AV forums though - someone there is bound to have direct experience of that model: www.avforums.com

I have already posted on there but last time i checked there were 120 views but no replies :-( will bump the thread later. Not a major issue, i won it for 6 quid and it proved the concept that SWMBO would let a projector in the house :-) will continue looking for a fix though!

Back