Framing a Jigsaw?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwiseman77

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for framing a completed jigsaw? Me and SWMBO are just about finished one and would like to stick it up on the wall.

Personally I think I would try to get a piece of hardboard on the back glued so that the pieces move nowhere then frame it.

i would turn the jigsaw upside down - spray hardboard with carpet adhesive, push it down onto it and put something heavy on the back for 24 hours then work from there

I'd put a sheet of glass at the front, a piece of hardboard/MDF/plywood/whatever at the back, and clamp those together tightly. That should hold the jigsaw together without any need for glue, and would let you swap the jigsaw for another if/when you wanted a change of scenery.

Thought i was on the wrong forum then perhaps one of my fellow framers will be asking about all grain brewing later.

This is what I would do.

Place a sheet of card underneath then another piece on top and flip it over so that you have the back exposed. You now need a sheet of self adhesive mount board available from an art shop hobby craft or a picture framer if you talk nicely to him/her. cut you self adhesive board to about 1 cmm bigger all the way round, then remove the protective paper and lay it onto the back of the jigsaw. Now you only get one chance at this so make sure you have all the jigsaw covered. Now press it down all over and turn it over. Again press the pieces down quite hard. Now all you need to do is cut the self adhesive backing sheet back to the edge of the jigsaw with a stanley knife or scalpel.

This can now be put into a picture frame of your choice.

Au voila you are now a fully qualified picture framer. :lol: :lol:

I must point out that this is not a conservation method of framing, if it is of value take it to a conservation framer. Had to say that just in case the conservation police come and find me. :evil: :evil: they are watching me as some of you may remeber from 3 yrs ago. ;)

Back