Kindle Fire latest version

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
Not brewing related but I bought a kindle fire version 5 from currys for £35 reduced from £50. I'm not sure how long they're going to be flogging them for this much but for the money it's a superb tablet

That's cheap, wish they did home brew 😂😂

Same price from Amazon. Pretty amazing value. Think I may get one for my lad as he doesn't get a look in on the Hudl2 due to our YouTube obsessed 3 year old :rolleyes: Our Hudl1 has stopped working.

Not brewing related but I bought a kindle fire version 5 from currys for ��£35 reduced from ��£50. I'm not sure how long they're going to be flogging them for this much but for the money it's a superb tablet

Would you mind checking which version of the OS it's running? I believe some versions are harder or impossible to root and/or replace with a more standard version of Android.:electric:

�£34 from Tesco Direct, btw

Having discovered what rooting is then found out if I do it I would probably void the warranty (I dont think I'd be able to do it anyway, as I dont think my technophobe brain would be able to cope), I found this blog page https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603 Following the instructions in the first post I was able to download google play store to be abe to access all the million plus apps there.
It's really simple you just need to download 4 files, install them and away you go. Even I was able to do it

Latest posts

Back