Anybody built their own pub ? :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11wc0sh.jpg

Lovely to see the old Eldridge Pope hand pulls! I cut my teeth drinking Eldridge Pope beers, Hardy Country my preferred tipple. I still live in the town it was brewed, and miss the smell of boiling wort on brew days that used to waft across the town.

have to say that Eldridge Pope made VERY fine beer I seem to remember back in the 70's...rock onnnnn!

How would I connect a king keg to a hand pump ? I know google is out there but read someone on here had done it :)

How would I connect a king keg to a hand pump ? I know google is out there but read someone on here had done it :)

I have this set up in my bar. I use 12mm silicone hose, jubilee Clip it to the tap on the king keg. It then goes to a demand valve like this http://cfbsonline.co.uk/index.php/check-valve-demand-valve-with-3-8-jg-in-1-2-barbed-out.html before it goes to the hand pump. My set up works very well. Just need to keep an eye on the pressure in the keg, I have a pressure gauge on mine so it's easy to monitor.

Jas

have to say that Eldridge Pope made VERY fine beer I seem to remember back in the 70's...rock onnnnn!

They certainly did. And in the 80's and 90's. They also used to make a bottled beer that was around 12% if memory serves. Didn't know how lucky I was.

For anyone near by I can recommend this guy for bar stuff/equipment www.konshuzdesign.com in Bradford not far from top of M606 motorway 0845 0518077 its like an Aladdin's cave pumps,mirrors,stools,and loads more all at good prices. Gem of a bloke to deal with gave us 2 boxes of Heogarden glasses for free as we bought 2 large mirrors and some ordinary glasses as we bought quite q bit from him.

I love this thread, maybe one day i might get to build my own, keep up the good work fellas i'm jealous:)

Definitely some inspiration on here, I have a big shed in my garden that will be turned into a bar one day. Got a way to go but getting there one bit at a time.

20150312_145806.jpg

20160820_083747.jpg

20170422_154642.jpg

That looks awesome .. you in Facebook group brew sheds UK?? I'm sure I've seen it or one very similar on there too ?? ;)

Nice work mate.. can't wait to get mine finished..

Although I don't have a pub at home, Millemg, I did have an MZ 250. Got it new in 1980. It was a 5 speed with horizontal fins right to the top of the cylinder head. The front wheel was 18" and the back was 16". Fabulous suspension but the frame could have been stiffer. I now have 2 classic scooters.

Latest posts

Back