Another dog attack

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A child is fighting for her life after being bitten by what locals describe as a "pitbulll type" , the child was covered in blood and the dog had to be shot dead.
I think it was Kent, we are thinking of getting a dog, a puppy, and I know a few dog owners on here have very kind and loving versions of this type but I would never get this type of dog, the bad outweighs the good for me I'm afraid, I will stick to a Labrador or a Golden Retriever I think.
I know most of the time it's the owners fault but every second report of this type is related to "a pitbull" although I know there are loads of versions of this.
It's horrifying

That poor child must have been mauled for a long time if it took the police to send an armed response to rescue her.
I like the idea of police shooting the dogs, it eradicates the problem quickly.
Shame the owners can't receive a bullet too.

DEVIL DOG ATTACKS BABY Toddler girl fighting for life after ‘pitbull-cross’ dog stormed into kids’ playground and clamped tot’s head in its jaws ‘before brave children wrestled beast off’ and cops shot it
The attack comes just days after three rampaging pitbull-type dogs had to been gunned down by cops in Greater Manchester
EXCLUSIVE
By Lauren Probert

a playground full of horrified children.

The baby girl, believed to be around the age of one, was horrifically attacked by a cream Pitbull crossed with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier which had leaped over a fence and into the kid’s playground yesterday evening.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3255969/child-chatham-dog-attack-kent-critical/

DEVIL DOG ATTACKS BABY Toddler girl fighting for life after ‘pitbull-cross’ dog stormed into kids’ playground and clamped tot’s head in its jaws ‘before brave children wrestled beast off’ and cops shot it
The attack comes just days after three rampaging pitbull-type dogs had to been gunned down by cops in Greater Manchester
EXCLUSIVE
By Lauren Probert

a playground full of horrified children.

The baby girl, believed to be around the age of one, was horrifically attacked by a cream Pitbull crossed with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier which had leaped over a fence and into the kid’s playground yesterday evening.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3255969/child-chatham-dog-attack-kent-critical/

Absolutely horrific, bad beyond words

Unfortunately it's just a pitbull being a pitbull, it's in their blood, they shouldn't be owned by the general public. It's like those circus dudes that got mauled by their tigers, really? You never seen that coming?

I'm sure there will be some outrage that they were shot but it's the best thing to do, the owners should be locked up too.

You say it's just a pit bull doing what they do but this was a pitbull cross how do you stop people owning these, the pit bull is banned but how do you stop people buying cross breeds that this sad story shows are as bad as the pit bull?

The ban on pitbulls should mean no cross breeding, especially crossing one with another fighting dog! Dogs bred for fighting shouldn't be owned, i know most staffies are gentle but all it takes is fighting instinct to kick in and things go bad quick.

The problem. Is how do you control it, we had another of these threads recently and a member said you can get pitbulls here if you know where to look how would you stop cross breeds unless they stand out a mile and who would police it?

I can't understand people's obbsession with pitbull's and staffie's, what i'm pretty certain of is that one day dog owners like me are going to end up paying for these despicable acts when insurance or a licence or both is made mandatory.

It is the dog owners responsibility to restrain and control their dog, if that little girl dies then the dog owner should be charged with murder.

I can't understand people's obbsession with pitbull's and staffie's, what i'm pretty certain of is that one day dog owners like me are going to end up paying for these despicable acts when insurance or a licence or both is made mandatory.

It is the dog owners responsibility to restrain and control their dog, if that little girl dies then the dog owner should be charged with murder.

Have you ever seen Jeremy Kyle?
I think you get a free Staffie on the way out (no offence to any cute,face licking,tummy rubbing Staffies out there)
Sadly too often the stereotype is true.
There is an attraction for the knuckle draggers out there because they are fighting machines, even if the person on the other end of the lead couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag.

Just about any animal can go "bad" if it's in its nature.

Back in 1965 my next door neighbour's daughter came to visit them and left her six month old daughter outside in her pram. She had hardly been in the house when the child started crying but it was only about ten minutes later, when the child was screaming like a banshee, that the mother went outside to see what was the matter.

It was then that she discovered one of her father's ferrets had escaped and was in the pram eating the child's face; it being the only bit of exposed flesh it could get at.

Truly horrific injuries.

Might upset afew dog lovers here but...

Licenses and background checks. No dogs off leads in public. How can we justify paying for people to walk around looking for people dropping litter and then pouncing but not have someone checking on people walking around city centres with dogs off leads?

Will be pricey I know, but if it stops one person from getting attacked it's worth it.

Again the problem is only responsible owners will get a licence and councils cannot afford dog wardens, i suggested (in the other thread) the licence and subsequent fines could pay for the wards but was told it wouldn't work, i think they are going to have to try something before the next kid is killed.

Totally agree with the council not affording dog wardens but at the minute we're putting litter free streets over safety. Daft how people will pay stupid money for a dog but balk at the idea of a £30/40 license.

I guess you children don't remember that EVERYONE (with exceptions like Hunts and Shepherds) used to have a LICENCE for EACH dog that they OWNED.

Want to take a stab at guessing who was Prime Minister when the law was scrapped in 1987?

A Dog Licence cost a relatively large sum of money back in the 60's because at 7/6d a year it was nearly 5% of a weeks salary for someone on nine quid a week but TBH by the time it was abolished a lot of people didn't bother to get one because no-one was ever checked!

As the rate of illegitimate births soared it was a common grumble of older people
"You need a licence to own a dog but any idiot can have a child."​

What's the saying? "What goes around comes around?" :whistle:

Just about any animal can go "bad" if it's in its nature.

Back in 1965 my next door neighbour's daughter came to visit them and left her six month old daughter outside in her pram. She had hardly been in the house when the child started crying but it was only about ten minutes later, when the child was screaming like a banshee, that the mother went outside to see what was the matter.

It was then that she discovered one of her father's ferrets had escaped and was in the pram eating the child's face; it being the only bit of exposed flesh it could get at.

Truly horrific injuries.

Horrific indeed! But the mother has to shoulder a large part of the blame for this. You DO NOT ever leave a six moth old child out of your sight. How far away could a child molester have gotten with that child in ten minutes?

Horrific indeed! But the mother has to shoulder a large part of the blame for this. You DO NOT ever leave a six moth old child out of your sight. How far away could a child molester have gotten with that child in ten minutes?

Sorry, but I've been away so couldn't respond before.

I am talking about the early 1960's. That was when everyone left their kids in their prams whilst they went into shops.

The reasoning was simple; it was impossible to get a full-sized Silver Cross pram into a local shop and there were zero supermarkets at the time.

Abducting a child was such a rare occurrence (and the punishments so severe) that it was accepted practice to leave the kids on their own. Also accepted practice was to ask a total stranger if they could "Look after the kids for me." if the Mum knew she would be away for any length of time.

Changed times eh!! :whistle:

Sorry, but I've been away so couldn't respond before.

I am talking about the early 1960's. That was when everyone left their kids in their prams whilst they went into shops.

The reasoning was simple; it was impossible to get a full-sized Silver Cross pram into a local shop and there were zero supermarkets at the time.

Abducting a child was such a rare occurrence (and the punishments so severe) that it was accepted practice to leave the kids on their own. Also accepted practice was to ask a total stranger if they could "Look after the kids for me." if the Mum knew she would be away for any length of time.

Changed times eh!! :whistle:

Changed times indeed. It just feels wrong to me to leave a little child unattended. Too bad no one told the ferret that poor kid was perfectly safe alone. While a rare occurrence of one child out of many being abducted may be .01% of children it's 100% to the parents of that one child.

Latest posts

Back