1936 Mackeson'ish brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just finished a small 5 litre batch of a Mackeson'ish stout. Did this once already with MJ Empire yeast and it finished below the expected FG despite a lengthly ferment,although it tasted really good BUT obviously re attenuated once bottled and most became foam:twisted:This time have used gervin so hoping for a better result.Also this time it's not all grain!
Pale malt (irish) 300 gm
Brown malt 75 grm
Choc malt 65 grm
Roast Barley 25 grm
Oats 10 grm
Invert Number 3 65 grm
Liquid malt extract 454 grm at start of boil
Lactose 70 grm at 10 mins
10 grm EKG 60 min
4 grm EKG 20 min
1/4 protofloc tablet 15 min
60 min mash,60 min boil- dunk sparge-7.75 litre boil
Actual volume to FV 5.5 litres at 1.050 (expected 1.051)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
carbonating-
Nun's with Gun's clone
Punk IPA clone
Trashy blonde clone

In FV's-
American Brown Ale
Mackeson stout

Drinking-
Black IPA Barelled
Psuedo lagers x2
Dana IPA
Wheat beers x2

Sounds interesting. keep us unto date with events.
Will do Robin.
Really annoyed about the first one. Mates said it was really good,that was testing early ones.As i said it must have re attenuated as the rest all tasted ok,BUT turned to foam:twisted:. Perhaps the Gervin will see it done properly this time!

Hi pal,
Was looking at the Invert Number 3 65 grm on your recipe..find the know until I googled it..lol
Like I said going to a good one this specially the inverted number 3 and I like luctose :thumb:
Bri

Bottled this today,came out at 4.46%,hopefully this lot will not turn into gushers this time.Been in the FV for 3 weeks sooooooo:whistle::lol:

Back