Help with siphoning please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@manxnorton

Sorry for the delay but hear is what I did. First image is my equipment for transferring to a secondary and then bottling.

I find the tubing with thread inside (Can't remember it's correct name) a lot better because you can straighten it.

I have included an image of what it looks like in a clear fermenter.

You can see I place the tube and filter just about the trub and it all stays behind. Those filter work brilliantly. If you need anything else let me know.
Hi Leon
Where did you get those filters from? I've had a look and can't find anything like them. Look very useful.

Hi Bri,
I hate siphoning, I am rubbish at it. Even the auto-siphon does not work in my hands.
I got so sick of siphoning I put taps on my FVs and just drain the FV into my bottling bucket through a tube with a Festival siphon bag thingy tied to the outflow to catch any crud.
It's been working very nicely and is hassle-free and tends to make my bottling day less sweary.
I sometimes get a little bit of trub coming trough, but it usually settles out in the bottling bucket and does not make it into the bottles.
My latest brew was a nightmare though, I had so much dry hop leaf that it blocked my tap outflow...but that is a different thread. :)

Latest posts

Back