What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the day off work to do some of the jobs around the house I've struggled to fit in. Of course I can fit a brew day in too!

Fool's Gold English Ale

It's a fairly simple one:
4.25kg MO

10g each of EKG and Fuggles at the start of the boil
10g each of EKG, Fuggles and Cascade for the last 10 mins of boil
10g each of EKG and Cascade at flameout.

Ferment with S-04, which I've never used before because I've only ever done American and Belgian beers

Should be a nice sessionable (4.2%) summer Ale.

IMG_1968.jpg

Just knocked out a 5 litre batch of extract bitter with 1/2 pack of ESB yeast.
Wasn't over keen on my last attempts with the ESB,but have more of it to use up!.
Will be doing a Fullers AK (BIAB) brew next with the other 1/2 pack. Will see how those two fare with the yeast!

Just put a 'Trashy Blonde' jiggled with clone into the FV:thumb:
Had an a second :lol:early tester whilst getting a brew on today and it's turned out really very nice.Well done DIY DOG:thumb:,more recipies to go on me thinks:)

I have the day off work to do some of the jobs around the house I've struggled to fit in. Of course I can fit a brew day in too!

Fool's Gold English Ale

4.25kg MO

Ferment with S-04, which I've never used before because I've only ever done American and Belgian beers

Forgot to chuck a protofloc in! Booger!

This
SMASH CITRA

Anthony G Milner
Method: BIAB
Style: Experimental Beer
Boil Time: 60 min
Batch Size: 23 liters (ending kettle volume)
Boil Size: 27 liters
Boil Gravity: 1.042 (recipe based estimate)
Efficiency: 72% (ending kettle)
Source: A G Milner
.reviews { height: 16px; display: inline-block; }.reviews label { color: #666666; float: left; font: bold 13px/27px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; width: 106px; }.reviews ul { float: left; margin-top: 0; padding-left: 0; width: 85px; }.reviews ul li { background: url("/images/yellow-star1.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; float: left; height: 16px; width: 16px; }.reviews ul li a { float: left; height: 16px; width: 16px; }.reviews ul li a.active { background: url("/images/yellow-star.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; }.reviews ul li a.last { background: url("/images/yellow-star.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; width: 50%; }.reviews ul li span { float: left; height: 16px; width: 16px; }.reviews ul li span.active { background: url("/images/yellow-star.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; }.reviews ul li span.last { background: url("/images/yellow-star.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; width: 50%; }.reviews span { float: left; color:black; font: 12px MuseoSans500,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }Share: <EMBED>

Original Gravity: 1.050

Final Gravity: 1.009

ABV (standard): 5.33%

IBU (tinseth): 41.21

SRM (morey): 5.56

Fermentables
Amount Fermentable PPG °L Bill % 5 kgUnited Kingdom - Maris Otter Pale5 kg Maris Otter Pale383.75100%5 kg Total
Hops
Amount Variety Type AA Use Time IBU 20 gCitra20 g Citra HopsPellet13.7Boil60 min32.415 gCitra15 g Citra HopsPellet13.7Boil10 min8.8115 gCitra15 g Citra HopsPellet13.7Aroma0 min Show Summary View

Hops Summary
Amount Variety Type AA 50 gCitraPellet13.7

Mash Guidelines
Amount Description Type Temp Time 16 LInfusion67 C60 min
Yeast
Fermentis / Safale - American Ale Yeast US-05
Attenuation (avg):
81% Flocculation:
Medium Optimum Temp:
12.2 - 25 °C Starter:
No Fermentation Temp:
22 °C Pitch Rate:
- Yeast Pitch Rate and Starter Calculator
Notes
Campden tablet used to remove chlorine etc.
no other water treatment.
Nylon bag used for hop additions.

bflogo_withwording.png
This recipe is shared.

View Count: 5
Brew Count: 0
Last Updated: 2017-04-25 15:08 BST

In truth it was yesterday! now it's sat in the FV bubbling away
Cheers

Fool's Gold English Ale

4.25kg MO

Target gravity 1.042, and I can't quite tell whether it's reading 1.041 or 1.042 so it's pretty much spot on!

Brew night!!
Brewed the Tropic Thunder Clone that was bouncing around on here from the original brewer.
So far so good. Just chilling now ready to pitch.
4c3b061b314b82c38a39745f897c9adb.jpg
59eb9f1b5632a5d3b873817fe680335c.jpg
54549d1ee4bbcf01643832cacdeb20ab.jpg

Just added the yeast to a NZ pale ale, hopefully it will be ready for the HBF SMaSH comp..

Have put two jars of the Lidl sour cherries in the freezer and tomorrow I'm going to rack some of my wheat beer onto them. It's about 700g of cherries, how much do people reckon I should rack onto them? I've got 22 litres and the rest will be bottled straight, it's stable at 1.010 and tasting great.

Have put two jars of the Lidl sour cherries in the freezer and tomorrow I'm going to rack some of my wheat beer onto them. It's about 700g of cherries, how much do people reckon I should rack onto them? I've got 22 litres and the rest will be bottled straight, it's stable at 1.010 and tasting great.

In that case, none. ;)

In that case, none. ;)

I know what you mean. But in the end I racked a demijohn each of cherries and strawberries, each 700g. I still got 28 bottles of the real thing! When cleaning out my FV I was blown away by the banana aroma left behind. Really hope I harness that in the beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5kg Pilsner and 300g each of Biscuit and Caramalt.

Admiral 16g @ 60m
Saaz 20g @ 15m
Saaz 47g @ 0m

600g Golden Syrup
MJ31 yeast, re-used from the Dubbel

As the yeast was much and only separated yesterday from the first brew, it has kicked off already.

This was yesterdays BIAB. Was going for a Ruby Mild (from Home Brew Beer - Greg Hughes)

2.5kg pale malt
75g chocolate malt
75g crystal malt
60g torrified wheat malt

Danstar Nottingham (re-hydrated)

Golding 17g @ 60 min
Golding 8g @ 0 min

A little worried I did something wrong when re-hydrating the yeast as it was pitched yesterday at 16:00 and it doesn't look like it's got going yet.

Westvleteren Blonde / generic patersbier kind of thing. First try with my brewfridge setup (the Inkbird ITC-308 is an amazing tool), first try with liquid yeast (WLP530). Super smooth and relaxed brewday, fermentation appears to be under way 20 hours after pitching. Planning to harvest the yeast at the end and make a Duvel-esque strong golden ale next...

Today is a triple brew!
One mash 3 boils and 3 fermentations.

Boil 1 - Armadillo (Hops courtesy of @Dads_ale).

Boil 2 - Mosaic.

Boil 3 Vic's Secret.

Looking forward to seeing the different attributes.

Hopefully all will make an appearance in the May comp.
489fd61b6fba5af3cecdc8eeeecc1918.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wilko wheat beer.

500g sugar
500g brown sugar
some curacao bitter dried orange peel
some coriander seeds

Og 1.034

11 days on - no further sign of activity. Took a reading of 1.008

about 3.4% abv? Probably ready-ish. Will re-read on Weds night.

Tasted the sample. Dry. Surprisingly subtle orange. Definite coriander hint.

Wish I'd hoyed in a bag of light DME, though. :-(

Ice-cold, fizzy......might be ok.

That lucky 7 seems interesting, keep us updated on how it turns out !!!

Finally got around to the fermenter today with this one.OG was 1.048 with 25 litres all into a fermenter with a blow off tube fitted as there is only about 4" headspace.
Pitched at 17 degrees with Crossmyloof Belgian yeast and placed into trug with water at 22 and heater set for 20.Internal and external temps should cancel each other out.So nshall wait and see how this turns out:whistle:

Latest posts

Back