ANOTHER new range of dried yeasts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Is that the fermentation temperature or the room temperature. I'm thinking as mine are close, but not quite there that using a different yeast may be easier then setting up barrels full of water with heaters in.

If you want to go down that route, nottingham (Wilko ale yeast) yeast has large temp range, from 14C up to normal ale temps of 21C ish (I've even read it's good at high temps too but havent tried it out) and cheap too. Fermentis W34-70 which is a lager yeast (so good for low temps) is also supposed to still be very clean all the way up to 19C

Nice. Is that the fermentation temperature or the room temperature. I'm thinking as mine are close, but not quite there that using a different yeast may be easier then setting up barrels full of water with heaters in.

It was the ferment temp In a chamber. It fermented out is 10 days or so. I then increased to 21c to finish it off and bottle conditioned. I lagered for 8 weeks and is a pretty good brew ;)

Thank you, I'll certainly try some different yeasts. CML seems like the cheaper option and they were very nice when I ordered some hops from them. :)

Latest posts

Back