Excellent service

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogermort

Regular.
Reaction score
Just had a small order through from GETERBREWED (my first from them) and I was impressed both with the price (even before forum discount) and the fact that my Whitelabs yeast came snuggled between a couple of small ice packs. I've had liquid yeast from a few suppliers in the past but this is the first to add that little touch.
:thumb:

I agree they are very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goto. They've cocked up a couple of orders in the past but have always been very quick to rectify. I once had 8kg of base malt out of them for free because they sent me uncrushed when I asked for crushed, so they sent me the crushed for free and I got to keep the uncrushed (it sat under my bed for a few months before I decided to buy a mill)

They are my go to shop too. My order in February ended up being taken back to their depot in Perth (a 60 mile round trip), so when I ordered last week I explained what had happened and gave instructions that I'd leave the back gate unlocked so the delivery man should leave in the kids' playhouse. When it was delivered they had hand written clear instructions in marker pen with "please do not take back to Perth depot!" In big letters. I thought that was top class customer service.

On the subject of great customer service, I ordered 5 mini kegs from The Home Brew Shop on Monday. I had them by Wednesday, and they were incredibly well packaged - bubble wrap on each individual keg, those inflatable packing strips to pad out the box etc. And they were very competitively priced. I've ordered them from 2 other online shops before(I'll not name names), and they were wrapped in one piece of corrugated card and stuffed in a box that want the right size or shape. One of the kegs I'd ordered from competitors ended up slightly dented, but there was no chance of these guys doing that!

IMG_1966.jpg

They are my go to shop too. My order in February ended up being taken back to their depot in Perth (a 60 mile round trip), so when I ordered last week I explained what had happened and gave instructions that I'd leave the back gate unlocked so the delivery man should leave in the kids' playhouse. When it was delivered they had hand written clear instructions in marker pen with "please do not take back to Perth depot!" In big letters. I thought that was top class customer service.

On the subject of great customer service, I ordered 5 mini kegs from The Home Brew Shop on Monday. I had them by Wednesday, and they were incredibly well packaged - bubble wrap on each individual keg, those inflatable packing strips to pad out the box etc. And they were very competitively priced. I've ordered them from 2 other online shops before(I'll not name names), and they were wrapped in one piece of corrugated card and stuffed in a box that want the right size or shape. One of the kegs I'd ordered from competitors ended up slightly dented, but there was no chance of these guys doing that!

I think GEB have now tighened up on the cockups they've previously been doing as they had a bit of a reputation (on this forum anyway) for it.

Go on, name the names!
Its always useful to know which businesses are not doing it right, just as much as it useful to know about those that are. :thumb:

Go on, name the names!
Its always useful to know which businesses are not doing it right, just as much as it useful to know about those that are. :thumb:

One is owned by a Homebrew guru, and the other shares its name with a brand of van. I'd like to add that I've used both companies for other things and couldn't fault them. The former in particular a good at responding to emails etc.

One is owned by a Homebrew guru, and the other shares its name with a brand of van. I'd like to add that I've used both companies for other things and couldn't fault them either time. The former in particular a good at responding to emails etc.

Stop being so coy Mick! BrewUK and Leyland Brewing for anyone that cant work it out

GEB are my go to too. Shame that the forum discount doesn't apply to the custom kits.

@Rogermort -interesting to hear about the quality of the liquid yeast. I've only used dry so far as my LHBS doesn't stock liquid, but I've been a bit wary of buying liquid yeast online (though thinking about it,I'm not sure exactly *why*...)

I've just used one of the wlp005 yeasts to make up a starter. Made on date was mid March 2017. Don't think I needed to do a starter, it punched me on the way out of the pouch. Freshest White Labs stuff I've ever been sent. Mind you, I've probably only bought yeast a dozen times. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very happy with Geterbrewed (have also gained from a crushed/uncrushed mix up with keep and replace) however my local parcel force are awful, which I have fed back to geterbrewed and have had split boxes and grain bags (on my last delivery) due to my box being mistreated.

I've been lucky, I've had nothing but good service from all the suppliers I've used. Only issue I had which caused me to change supplier was they changed their grain crush and it didn't suit The Grainfather.

Thanks for the positive comments on customer service, we do try to make our customer service the best in the industry.

When we get feedback we do act on it, I loved that one of our guys wrote on the box in marker for parcelforce, I know my guys don't like it when i raise issues but i do see them trying their best to prevent you guys having issues

We are passionate about this business and we want to source the best ingredients and freshness is key to us also, we have good stock rotation to ensure you get a fresh product, all our malt is crushed fresh the day its dispatched and all our liquid yeasts are dispatched with free ice packs

If you have any comments or feedback to help us make our service better then please send me a pm or email [email protected]

Thanks, I'll let the warehouse know about these positive comments it'll make their weekend

Jonathan

I really wanted to order from these guys, because of the discount and the small amount of hops you can order at a time and because everyone here gives nice reviews. But, alas, spending £20 on shipping to my postcode for a customised grain mixture that totals £20, well that just doesn't work for me. £40 for a brew? No thanks!

But, alas, spending £20 on shipping to my postcode for a customised grain mixture that totals £20, well that just doesn't work for me. £40 for a brew? No thanks!

Is this a dig at GEB's postal costs or a moan that getting anything of low value sent through the post costs as much as the item itself?

Is this a dig at GEB's postal costs or a moan that getting anything of low value sent through the post costs as much as the item itself?

Probably a bit of both, I think. When you live in the Highlands, you get used to lots of crazy shipping rates and people saying "that you're not on the mainland so we don't ship there" (even though I am!), but you get used to weighing up your options for where to go for things. For example Amazon, love it or hate it, but when you have Prime, you actually don't have to pay crazy shipping or deal with these kind of things because they're setup to ship in Scotland.
I have to (unfortunately) order my brewing ingredients online because the one shop around here that has homebrew stuff just has kits. But average shipping costs for my ingredients to me is about £6 for the same thing from other places and if I order more and more stuff, it usually becomes free. So it's hard for me to justify £20 on shipping alone.
Hey, I get it that the shops themselves don't make money in shipping and it is what it is in logistics to get here. I don't mind spending more for quality for the ingredients themselves, etc. But I'm not made of money either so it's hard for me to justify spending more when you can find stuff just as good elsewhere too for less in shipping.

A bit off topic -

I used to buy KwiK Clear (my favourite finings) online as i cannot get it locally and the postage was roughly the same as the item which was annoying, i can get it with free postage but the they increase the price to cover costs. :roll:

Latest posts

Back