Micro brew kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikie

Reaction score
I am a newbie to brewing so i got myself a Coopers Micro Brew Kit. I have followed all the instructions and have been waiting for the bubbles to start in the air lock but no joy as yet! I made it 4 days ago, so i need help as i don,t know where or if i have done something wrong. :?:

It could be that there's a leak in the bucket lid that's easier for the gas to get out of than the airlock - this isn't a problem.

Do you have a hydrometer?

mikie said:
I have followed all the instructions and have been waiting for the bubbles to start in the air lock but no joy as yet! I made it 4 days ago, so i need help as i don,t know where or if i have done something wrong. :?:

Was there any foam on top of the beer in the FV?

Thanks for your replies yes there is foam and i do have a hydrometer which came with the kit

I will take a reading with my hydrometer, what should the reading be to tell if alls well.

After four days, depending on temperature, I'd probably expect to see it below 1.025, but if you tell us what you've got we'll have a better idea.

I a reading of 1.010 at a temperature of 26c. Thanks for your help.

Sounds like it's pretty much finished fermenting to me. If you get the same reading tomorrow then it's good to go. However, I'd leave it for a few more days after that to allow the yeast to clean up after itself. A lot of us leave it for up to 10 days.

Yes i will leave it another week as i tastes like water and is more cloudy that the landlords pint down the pub! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back