Solomon Grundy for Christmas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Oakley

Reaction score
Afternoon gentlemen,
I've got a Solomon Grundy red kit on the go and I'm thinking of putting it in a barrel for the Christmas period. Is it worth stabilising and fining if I'm going to keep it long term. The last one of these kits that I made seemed to clear on its own (I did fine it and stabilise it as per the instructions) and as it's going to be hanging around for months would it need stabilising or is that bag of stuff that you add to the kit after stabilising the wine fermentable?
Any advice welcome,
Pete.

Personally I'd stabalise it just in case, the stabaliser isn't going to do the brew any harm and it means that even if the stuff added is fermentable then nothing is going to change beyond the effect that time has on any brew. That and I'd take the view that "It's there, I might as well use it"

As above, I would stabalise it just in case. I've made 2 of their kits before (strawberry and peach wines) and they were fantastic. Would love to know what the red is like.

Good luck with it :thumb:

Thanks for your advice. I made the red recently and after about a month it's really nice. That's why I'm doing some for Christmas.
Thanks again.
Pete

Latest posts

Back