Solomon Grundy Merlot 30 Bottle kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uksoundz

Reaction score
Hi,
I've seen this kit advertised for around £25 which seems awfully cheap, plus they say it's ready to drink in 7 days!!

Anyone tried this kit and what's it like for the price, I'd be more than happy to leave an extra few months if it aged well.
Thanks,

I made some solomon grundy kitswhen I first started wine making and i thought at the price they were ok, I don't think I have ever had one finish in seven days, the WineBuddy seven day kit I am currently making fermented for ten days.

Haven't tried the reds, but I made the medium dry white for my mother-in-law, and the missus sisters who usually drink Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio and Chenin Blanc respectively and are usually quite fussy - they all love it and I'm making them the 3rd batch so far this year!

I haven't tried the reds because we like a full bodied red and found that even the £40 Beaverdale kits though they are nice are a bit thin, the Selection kits (£70) are more to our taste. (Hey it's still only about £2.70 a bottle!)

Yeah the 7 day thing is a best, best, best case scenario! Best to give it a few more days at a lower temperature. Minimum 10 Days or so, (after making the 6 week + ageing Selection kits, I don't have any problem waiting 10 days now! :) and don't forget you'll need 4 KG (iirc) of brewing sugar for the reds which adds about £8 to the price.

Thanks for the responses guys, note about brewing sugar, did I read somewhere that you can substitute for granulated sugar?

Latest posts

Back