Signing Off for a few weeks!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'M BACK!!

... and the first brew is on and should be ready for New Year! :thumb:

Needless to say, it is a Winter Pumpkin Ale using three of the 19p Pumpkins that my local Lidl are selling and a Wilco Cerveza kit. I will Post the recipe and "wot I dun" on my "Brew Day" thread.

GOOD NEWS - The trip to France was a success in that the 30 litres of beer I took with me tasted just fine. :thumb:

BAD NEWS The GBP to Euro rate was grim AND to add insult to injury my local supermarket had increased the price of a 650ml Fischer's Beer by €0.02 to €1.50!! Swine! :whistle:

GOOD NEWS The local wine cave was selling a superb Merlot at €2.10 per litre so the 2 x 10 litre beer barrels came home full of wine! :thumb:

BAD NEWS The four hour trip back home from Portsmouth took EIGHT hours due to the M25 being closed off AND access to the A1 being closed off. Neither of which had any indication of where to go for a diversionary route but loads of threats around the M25 of what would happen if I entered the LEZ! :doh:

Good to be back? It will be when that Pumpkin Ale gets conditioned! :thumb:

I'M BACK!!

Needless to say, it is a Winter Pumpkin Ale using three of the 19p Pumpkins that my local Lidl are selling and a Wilco Cerveza kit. I will Post the recipe and "wot I dun" on my "Brew Day" thread.

GOOD NEWS - The trip to France was a success in that the 30 litres of beer I took with me tasted just fine. :thumb:

BAD NEWS The GBP to Euro rate was grim AND to add insult to injury my local supermarket had increased the price of a 650ml Fischer's Beer by €0.02 to €1.50!! Swine! :whistle:

GOOD NEWS The local wine cave was selling a superb Merlot at €2.10 per litre so the 2 x 10 litre beer barrels came home full of wine! :thumb:

BAD NEWS The four hour trip back home from Portsmouth took EIGHT hours due to the M25 being closed off AND access to the A1 being closed off. Neither of which had any indication of where to go for a diversionary route but loads of threats around the M25 of what would happen if I entered the LEZ! :doh:

Welcome back, how were the hops?

Welcome back Dutto.

Edit to add -

Dam i thought this :whistle: had been disabled. :lol:

Welcome back, how were the hops?

Thanks for the welcome.

In answer to the question "Catastrophic!"

What was there had been eaten from the ground up by something a lot bigger than a caterpillar! When I get organised I will post the picture of a very miserable plant.

I cut it back to the ground, heaped a bit of compost on the top of it, shielded it from the depredations of what I think was eating it, said a brief prayer over it and will check again next March.

Here's hoping! :thumb:

Here's a photo of my poor little hop plant. If it hadn't been eaten then maybe it had been "trimmed". Either way, it now left to its own devices until March/April next year.

The second photograph is to cheer up any HBF member who worries about his non-brewing kit. It's in the gents urinals of my local supermarket in France. Enjoy! :lol:

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

I'M BACK!!

whilst you were away sadiq khan introduced (much to gunge's disgust) a euro 10 zone. only vehicles meeting the euro 10 standard are allowed in. Any other vehicle is dissolved in environmentally friendly acid (undiluted star san) although if you wear a hijab you only need to be euro 9 compliant whilst burka wearers only need euro 8 compliancy.

what else happened whilst you were away... :hmm: oh yes they put up more scaffolding on big ben :doh:

It's not all bad I recently took a train to london and the 125, whose maximum carriage speed is 125 mph actually did 126 mph (ooh naughty) well at least my mobile gps app said it was 126 :grin:

NE ways welcome back!

It's that time again! :hat:

Booked on to the Portsmouth > Caen Ferry, house left to the tender mercies of No.1 Son and away to France for a couple of months by this weekend.

This time, all I'm taking with me is:
  • 10 litres of Vienna Lager
  • 18 litres of Belgian Pale Ale (8 litres of which is in the Wilko Sprayer)
The rest of the weight allowed in the car will be taken up with the hitch weight of the caravan and an assortment of food that SWMBO thinks is a lot cheaper here than it is in France. She may be correct but for sure I'm not going to argue with her!

I'll nip down to the local library if there is any bad news to pass on about the Wilko Sprayer PB and I'll bring back a photograph if the Prima Donna hop plant is showing any signs of life! (Here's hoping!)

It's nice to know that while I'm away the Porter, Premium Bitter, Citra SMASH and English Bitter will all be conditioning and ready for my return. (No.1 Son doesn't drink beer!! :thumb: )

BTW here's one reason why we will be away.

France..._June_2012_096.jpg

Lest we forget! One good reason for being in Flanders on the 6th June is that A.S.Greig was my good lady's Great-Uncle.

Play nicely while I'm away. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back