The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if it's already been asked but how long can you store them in the fridge? Looking at buying a few packs

A fermentis rep on a brewing podcast said you can get 2 years out of dry yeast in the fridge. Just don't store them right at the back where things can sometimes freeze.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A fermentis rep on a brewing podcast said you can get 2 years out of dry yeast in the fridge. Just don't store them right at the back where things can sometimes freeze.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Great advise

My Wilko SNB is off to a great start after 48 hours with the real ale yeast.

I'm probably not going to be able to rack it at 6 days, so will have to leave it for 2 weeks as I'm going on holibobs, think that will ok?

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

the longer the better in my opinion mate. im gonna leave my youngs special n the FV for at least two weeks and this is a 10l batch. like the FV btw

Would you recommend it? I dont think there are "many" good dry strains of English yeast about.. just wondered if it was any good.

I found a couple of bottles of beer that I used the CML Real Ale yeast in, so they've had about 3 weeks conditioning. Despite the high attenuation (low 80's from my notes) and unless it's because of something I did during the brewing process, this yeast is REALLY malty, like I can almost chew the beer. It could easily stand to have a good slug of simple sugars e.g Golden Syrup, in the reciepe. I initially thought it was diacytly because I drank the rest of the batch so young (started tuckig in after 3 days conditioning) but it's definately the yeast character rather than an off flavour

Somewhere on this forum, and recently, there was a minor debate about the merits (?) of using two packs of yeast. I've always used just the one but for my last brew I thought 'what the hell' and just out of curiosity and the fact that CML yeast is virtually free, I used 2 packs of US Pale. Fermentation started no faster than usual and proceeded at the usual rate but when it stopped, it stopped abruptly, as in flicking a light switch abruptly... almost. None of this tapering-off slowly, it just stopped. Is this normal??

Somewhere on this forum, and recently, there was a minor debate about the merits (?) of using two packs of yeast. I've always used just the one but for my last brew I thought 'what the hell' and just out of curiosity and the fact that CML yeast is virtually free, I used 2 packs of US Pale. Fermentation started no faster than usual and proceeded at the usual rate but when it stopped, it stopped abruptly, as in flicking a light switch abruptly... almost. None of this tapering-off slowly, it just stopped. Is this normal??

Im glad I wasn't the only one. I've had to give the last two CML brews a stir and temp rise to get them going again. But last one was like urs gunge. It still got the I'm 1.052 to 1.012 giving me a sessionable 4.9 ABV.
Maybe I'll try rehydrating the yeast next time ( like they recommend)

Im glad I wasn't the only one. I've had to give the last two CML brews a stir and temp rise to get them going again. But last one was like urs gunge. It still got the I'm 1.052 to 1.012 giving me a sessionable 4.9 ABV.
Maybe I'll try rehydrating the yeast next time ( like they recommend)

That's 76% attenuation, so sounds fine to me. Which CML was it?

My CML steam beer yeast looks done in 4 days...1056 to 1012...
Can't decide on the next brew...either a pseudo lager with the ale yeast,a summer ale with ale yeast or a stout with either the ale or the American pale.....either way the Yeasts are cheap and seem to be fine!

I found a couple of bottles of beer that I used the CML Real Ale yeast in, so they've had about 3 weeks conditioning. Despite the high attenuation (low 80's from my notes) and unless it's because of something I did during the brewing process, this yeast is REALLY malty, like I can almost chew the beer. It could easily stand to have a good slug of simple sugars e.g Golden Syrup, in the reciepe. I initially thought it was diacytly because I drank the rest of the batch so young (started tuckig in after 3 days conditioning) but it's definately the yeast character rather than an off flavour

Would you use that yeast in a dry stout?

Recent IPA's have been getting down to 1008 with the US pale yeast. Fermentation temps been up to 24c and fingers crossed getting no off flavours so far. Pretty much ferments a 1050 beer out in 36 hours. Just done a DIPA that ended up at 1095. Finished after 3 days but not taken a reading yet.

That's 76% attenuation, so sounds fine to me. Which CML was it?

Yea I was pleased in the end. It was the real ale. And through some warm hot spells and the heat belt (not required at times) the temp did get to the mid twenties. But rest assured from the sample bottling day I detected no off flavours/fusels, so this like the Cooper's can take the high temp ranges no prob.
So beercat don't worry about 24c.

Where can I buy this ? Is It on eBay or amazon

Ive always gone through eBay, but messaged ten mins ago and got a reply back after five mins! If u message them via messenger using PayPal you get a 10% discount.
I'm considering some hops to compliment some left over northdown. Any ideas would be great. Going for a pale ale.decisions..😕

Finally got a brew on with this yesterday.

Cooled to pitching temp and pitched, once rehydrated.

Running off like a steam train within 3 hours.

Ive always gone through eBay, but messaged ten mins ago and got a reply back after five mins! If u message them via messenger using PayPal you get a 10% discount.
I'm considering some hops to compliment some left over northdown. Any ideas would be great. Going for a pale ale.decisions..😕
Give Steve your email address and correspond using this as it keeps you of messenger and still get your discount.Very nice to deal with.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Back