How did you get your user name.?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazziep

Reaction score
I liked the "what do you do for a living" thread, I enjoy stuff like that, feel like you get to know people a bit better.

So it gave me the idea to start another one to see where you came up with your username.. there's some pretty cool ones on here (love chippy tea :) ) just thought it would be good to see where you crazy lot got these from ..

Mine I'm afraid is a bit boring. My first name is Darren and my surname begins with a P. My friends have just called me dazzie P (for obvious reasons) for a long time, so I just use it as my username for everything

Hi!
As I have always had a rotund physique, my Scots ex-bro-in-law called me, "Big guy", so when I chose my first email address it was bigcol and I was 49 at the time.
Colin

Boring, I know! I should have chosen Wilf Art, Hugh Janus or something similar.

Once a month, around about pay day, I like to get booked in to tidy the bikini line.

Or, between 2007-2012 I bought and restored a 1967 VW camper van from Uruguay, a car which was built in Sao Paolo Brazil. I used to hang around on various forums while undertaking the project and was know as that guy with the Brazilian (most of them were very passionate about German built vans and didn't like the South American units).

My Christian name is Iain, so by adding in my extra 'i' it became.... Braziliain

Most folks assume it's my shaving preference though.

Well, me dad made Chesters Mild for 47 years at the Chesters Brewery in Ardwick, Manchester and then when they were taken over by Threlfalls and Whitbreads in Cook street, Salford, my grandfather worked for the Ardwick brewery as well and all 3 of us have the same first name - Anthony.
Here is a link

http://pubs-of-manchester.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/chesters-brewery-ardwicksalford.html

For some reason Chesters Mild was called 'Fighting Ale' :drunk:
Cheers

I'm quite lame and like reading left wing political theory and a great writer from Italy from the early 20thC was Antonio Gramsci who came up with ideas like this which I think readily describes what happened with Labour and many of their traditional voters, as I said I'm quite lame but I find it interesting that we can read something written 100 years by an Italian imprisoned by Mussolini that can be applied to understand what's happening these days.

“At a certain point in their historical lives, social classes become detached from their traditional parties. In other words, the traditional parties in that particular organisational form, with the particular men who constitute, represent and lead them, are no longer recognised by their class (or fraction of a class) as its expression. When such crises occur, the immediate situation becomes delicate and dangerous, because the field is open for violent solutions, for the activities of unknown forces, represented by charismatic "men of destiny".”

Well, me dad made Chesters Mild for 47 years at the Chesters Brewery in Ardwick, Manchester and then when they were taken over by Threlfalls and Whitbreads in Cook street, Salford, my grandfather worked for the Ardwick brewery as well and all 3 of us have the same first name - Anthony.
Here is a link

http://pubs-of-manchester.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/chesters-brewery-ardwicksalford.html

For some reason Chesters Mild was called 'Fighting Ale' :drunk:
Cheers

Anthony Chesters - Mild sounds quite aristocratic I must say, surprised you are hobnobbing with the likes of us!

Mine is boring again , initials of first and last name George Thomson, I have used Geethom on another site!

Anthony Chesters - Mild sounds quite aristocratic I must say, surprised you are hobnobbing with the likes of us!

Hmmmmm..........I could change my name by deed poll :doh:
But then all I could drink should be Imperial Russian Stout - and that would do me liver the world of good - I don't think! :nono:
Cheers

Pretty straightforward, my actual name is Graham but over the years one or two mates have called me Graz which as nicknames go I haven't minded, I've had much worse! So that's what I use on forums.

Well, I brew in Japan so, why not!?
Actually, I see homebrew (even though illegal as of now) and craft beer just taking off here. Think if you guys could have been at the start of this! Now I think is a super opportunity for me. So I actually am pushing the name as a club here in Japan.

Pretty straightforward, my actual name is Graham but over the years one or two mates have called me Graz which as nicknames go I haven't minded, I've had much worse! So that's what I use on forums.

Is it true then that Graz is greener on the other side?

Well, I brew in Japan so, why not!?
Actually, I see homebrew (even though illegal as of now) and craft beer just taking off here. Think if you guys could have been at the start of this! Now I think is a super opportunity for me. So I actually am pushing the name as a club here in Japan.

Of course you brew below 1% abv' :whistle: to avoid legal risks.

A nickname which I've had since I was 16.

I went to a fancy dress party dressed as the Pope and for a long while my avatar on MSN Instant Messenger (remember that!) was a picture of me in the outfit. My brother's mate noticed that I had that avatar and starting calling me "Pope" and it stuck...otherwise variations on the nickname include "Popey" and "Popotheclown"!

there's some pretty cool ones on here (love chippy tea)

Thanks, i am from up north and we like a Chippy Tea on a Friday night (used to be paid weekly) so i thought it would make a good username.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOsYykqvghY[/ame]

Latest posts

Back