Malt confusion -

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My original post was just looking for the recipe, but I have to say surprised the negative comments. Surely, Brewdog is a success story! Why the animosity ? They make great beer, now that beer is widely available, and they even publish the recipes for us home brewers to play around with at home.
That is punk, even if a bit malcom mcclaren. But hey, All the decent music in the 80s and forwad owes something to punk, even if it's not punk itself. Positive Evolution.

*Still haven't made I yet though.

I'm not trashing them. I've just heard that most of the recipes have major flaws. Either it's sending people down the wrong path so as to not figure out the actual recipe or, I believe it is, they're jumping on the market and pumping out merch. Nothing wrong with that but if you're going to do that, then dedicate a team and make sure the quality is supporting the name and brand. It seems like it's lowering the image. And based on the members feedback, looks like it.
I've heard others trash big "craft" beer companies and those are just haters. Kind of envy. Go try to keep quality and flavor and then scale up by the thousands.

Ok, I was put off making this last time but will now give it a go on Saturday. I was looking to follow the official recipe with no changes as it's currently my favorite tipple. So to clarify, those who have made this with good results, crystal 150 is ibu not lovibond? And dark or light Munich? Can I use carapills instead of caramalt?

Cheers

Ps Brett, lots of GH recipes there, would you recommend the imp stout? His dry stout turned out well and I've currently got his esb conditioning and cascade pale ale ready to bottle.

I used GH's imp stout recipe as a base for my ris-ky business (well an abv of ONLY 8% would need a tweak or 3) :whistle: 10.37% :twisted: much better and Brewdog Liked it too.

Latest posts

Back