Drinking alone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I often hear people making statements like "I never drink on my own", "Anyone who drinks on their own has severe drinking problems" etc.
I'm beginning to think that it's these people who have the problems.
I drink beer, wine, Scotch, brandy, rum and gin, because I love their individual flavours. Apart from gin I drink my spirits neat with no ice, again to get what I believe to be the best flavours.
I enjoy drinking with people, but enjoy drinking on my own just as much, sometimes even more. Sitting watching the sun go down with a glass in your hand has got to be one of life's true pleasures
What do others think?
Brian (offshore for the last month with no glass in my hand):-?

i drink on my own as the wife don't drink and I am class as disable so I don't get out to the pubs like I use to
and I don't have a drinking problem
and I love a pint or two just sitting watching the tv or sitting by the fish pond

I drink mostly alone, wife doesn't drink and often works shifts.

I never drink excessive amounts anyway just a few drinks at the weekend evenings (a few on Sunday) to unwind and chill out whether watching sport, a movie or maybe gaming / brewing..

There is a big difference to that than say drinking a bottle of JD a night by yourself, but the "yourself" is perhaps given correlation.

I mainly drink alone. My wife is on slimming world at the moment so is off the booze so
I have a 2 or 3 of bottles myself on a Friday and Saturday because I like beer. I try to have a night out with my mates once a month, but it's often every second or third months because of work/kids/holidays etc.

I drink alone, as I live alone - mostly - SHMBO has her own flat and visits me at weekends, then we can have a beer together. For me never more than a pint or two a day, and not strong beer! Better to drink wisely, then you can live, and drink for longer.
Cheers

I usualy have a half to a pint in the evenings,love sitting in the garden in the better weather and having a beer.Wife does not drink but we sometimes go to Wetherspoons for a breakie,will have a pint then. Usually have one pint when out fishing with mates,but only the one due to driving.
So i drink most days,doesn't mean i have a problem however.Also partial to a brandy when i have got it:lol:

My missus is pregnant with our first and obviously off the booze, before that she was never really a big drinker, especially not at home. One of my fave things to do is have a pint on my own; I have no problem with my own company and like just having a wander around / some lunch / a beer or 2. Matter of fact I have a day off tomorrow after working all weekend, my wife's in work, so I am going to do exactly that. Cardiff is not short of excellent bars :thumb:

I normally drink alone, tho the wife likes a glass of vino at the end of a late shift if she's particularly stressed. Meet my mate for a pub drink maybe twice a month. During the cricket season its definitely a few after a hot day standing in the sun. Cheers.

Just home from work, hammock out in the garden and enjoying a beer alone. since getting back into brewing I'm drinking a lot more regularly but tending to brew lower abv beers to compensate.

I often have a beer in the afternoon, start work early so it's better to drink early to make sure it's worn off by the next day, day off tomorrow so if I start posting drivel later on you'll know why.

I drink on my own mostly...wife doesn't drink much. As I work 4 on 4 off my shifts fall over a lot of week ends so I often have my "Saturday night" midweek...with curry and telly. This week is different...off all weekend...out on the ale tomorrow afternoon then people round Saturday.

Cheers

Clint

Well now, I've been self employed most of my life and work from home so during the day I occasionally have the odd pint on my own, assuming I'm not going out later with my chainsaw of course.:lol:

In the evenings me & the mrs. usually sit down to watch a dvd before bed time, me with a pint and she with a glass of wine.
So I guess that makes me a half and half.

I see from the reply's so far the trend seems to be non drinking wives, interesting, I wonder how many of these wives were met in a bar?
Brian

I met my wife in a pub, she does drink, but not as often or as much as me. Also due to my working hours if she does drink it's often after I've stopped, we still get to have a drink together occasionally though.

She has always said she's a cheap drunk, even cheaper now I've got her on the homebrew.

I drink alone as i live alone. I also often work away from home so i will often have a pint with my tea while reading a book

Mostly drink along if having one during the week as wife is early to bed. But we normally have a few together at the weekend. But like the trend she seems to be off the booze recently, and if she has it drink it now tends to be wine, or wine and soda.

Latest posts

Back