Drinking alone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see from the reply's so far the trend seems to be non drinking wives, interesting, I wonder how many of these wives were met in a bar?
Brian

I met mine in a nightclub when I was 17 and she was 16.

She doesn't not drink though, she's just cutting back on the wine for Slimming World. Neither of us have ever really been binge drinkers.

I prefer to drink alone, means more for me! 😜👌

The wife doesn't drink hardly at all and she. She does it's just Rosé or Southern Comfort and Coke.

I'm grateful she doesn't drink beer!

I some times drink alone I will have a drink when I get in from work saying that the rest of the clan are still in the land of nod when I get in from work and have been for some time

Just home from work, hammock out in the garden and enjoying a beer alone. since getting back into brewing I'm drinking a lot more regularly but tending to brew lower abv beers to compensate.

I often have a beer in the afternoon, start work early so it's better to drink early to make sure it's worn off by the next day, day off tomorrow so if I start posting drivel later on you'll know why.

some of the best posts in history have been after a few beverages :grin: ......

I drink alone, my missus is just about T total. When she's gone to bed I kick back, watch a few youtube vids maybe listen to a good album and have a beer or 9

Well, I have a problem with drink, when the next brew will be ready (or who's round is it) ! I drink alone, missis is t-total so it's either that or go down the pub. Nothing wrong with drinking alone, unless of course it's a bottle of scotch each night down a back alley somewhere, which brings me on to the amount of tax on beer bought, of course it is for our own health's sake.

I drink alone a lot since the wife left me. My son is usually with me so I can't go out much.

I solved my drinking problem by ramping up my home brew and getting set up with kegging and all-grain. I bought a sack of grain and now I can afford to drink as much as I like - no problem!

Ironically, as the beers I prefer are lower in alcohol and more satisfying I actually find I am drinking less, but most of my neighbours are Muslim so I haven't had much success in making friends close enough to invite over to help me drink the excess.

But having more beer than you can drink could never be described as a problem, could it?

Latest posts

Back