Driving in France

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon

Reaction score
I just finished applying for my 'Crit 'Air Certificate...! Christ..! ..I need a beer..! :doh:

If you plan to drive in France any time soon, you'll need to get one of these to stick in the windscreen. - Or face an on-the-spot fine of up to €117. They cost €4.80 p&p incl.

Their web site is a pain in the @rse to use, they want a jpeg copy of the V5C log sheet - but only one page of it - christ knows which page, I sent 'em page 2, seemed like a good idea at the time.

Max file size is 400KB, I had to save mine at 100dpi to achieve that, can't read it though...!?

Sometimes I wish I was more computer literate.....but fortunately, the feeling soon passes when I've poored myself a beer...

Cheers :drunk:

Last edited:
Whoa there! :nono:

As far as I can make out (and I sail for France in three days) the only place I will need a Crit'Air Sticker is if I wish to drive in the centre of Paris.

Drivers going south and using the Peripherique around Paris won't need a Crit'Air Ticket.

It's very similar to the London LEZ. My clapped out diesel engined Transit motorhome is okay as long as I stay on the M25 and drive round London rather than through it. :thumb:

I have no doubt that they will extend the system to other cities in France over the next few years but, as I prefer a pushbike or public transport in cities, I will be okay for many years to come.

However, if you must drive your vehicle in Paris, you will need to plan at least 30 days ahead. I found this site to be very useful ...

https://www.aph.com/community/holidays/paris-anti-pollution-sticker-crit-air/

Enjoy. :thumb:

PS

Apparently, when the driver has a valid Blue "Disabled" Badge (like me :thumb:), the vehicle doesn't need a Crit'Air Sticker!

Brilliant! Don'tcha just love the French? :thumb:

Last edited:
That's interesting Dutto, thanks for the link. Looks like I've jumped the gun then....
I see it's been extended to include Lyon & Grenoble....not that I plan to drive there..! :doh:

More importantly, wasted €4.80 and got stressy with my laptop.

Fortunately, I had a beer or three afterwards ....great de-stress medicine :thumb:

Last time I went to France, after driving around for 2 weeks, suddenly realised I'd forgotten all my documents including driving licence and insurance certificate. But not to worry - when I got home I discovered I wasn't actually insured anyway...

Last time I went to France, after driving around for 2 weeks, suddenly realised I'd forgotten all my documents including driving licence and insurance certificate. But not to worry - when I got home I discovered I wasn't actually insured anyway...

And there was me crapping my pants because I was in the south east of England before I'd realised my reflective jackets (law in france to be IN the car and used in case of breakdown) were still in Swansea. :oops: Still I managed to buy some at a pound shop en-route! :thumb:

Having to sneak them past Mrs DOJ into the car without the disparaging " I TOLD YOU TO PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE BEFORE WE LEFT!!?" :( was in fact more stressful than being pulled over at customs and having you car checked.

errrrm! - Fair point but you have to remember what to take first, eh?

Latest posts

Back