And they're off !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have no interest in horse racing but was interested to find out that the 1967 winner, Foinavon, was trained in our village. The local brewery (West Berks) did a one of beer to celebrate the 50th anniversary and the village pub did a bit of a do raising over £2000 for charity.
I even bought a book about it that I must say is very good reading.

I too have no interest in horse racing but was interested to find out that the 1967 winner, Foinavon, was trained in our village. The local brewery (West Berks) did a one of beer to celebrate the 50th anniversary and the village pub did a bit of a do raising over £2000 for charity.
I even bought a book about it that I must say is very good reading.

Whats worse, a horse is bred especially for racing, is given the best development possible to make it the best physical specimen of a horse they can make in order ot race and win money. Or never be born at all?

When you put it like that i would say better not born at all.

Its a bit like boxing where fighters are at risk of serious injury or death. The difference being horses dont get the choice for themselves although they can always refuse to jump and often do if they are not happy.

No the difference is the horses do not know how dangerous the fenses in the national are they are trained to jump and that is what they do.

Are you vegetarian as well?

Why is my decision to either ear or not eat meat relevant to this thread?

Well, the bloody Mrs won it again ! Because she liked the name.
And all horses made it home safely so everyone's a winner [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't have a bet for the first time in ages, this time around. Saved meself a tenner cos I never won owt anyway. But I didn't watch it either and saved meself some anguish too. Always used to watch from behind the sofa in case one went down and had to be 'put to sleep'. I won't bet on it again - it's horrible really and ought to be banned.

For anyone who does betting you should try using an exchange, I didn't bet on it myself not my thing horses.

Most bookies odds are dreadful rip off.. I saw someone on my FB page with a winning ticket they put a tenner on the winner at odds of 14/1.. whereas on the exchange I am sure it was around 20.0. SO thats 50 quid difference!!

For anyone who does betting you should try using an exchange, I didn't bet on it myself not my thing horses.

Most bookies odds are dreadful rip off.. I saw someone on my FB page with a winning ticket they put a tenner on the winner at odds of 14/1.. whereas on the exchange I am sure it was around 20.0. SO thats 50 quid difference!!

Good shout !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back