How to make a bigger batch if only have a 10 liter pot!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to admit it can be a bit **** with the same beer. But come summer I want to have plenty for me and Bob, my imaginary friend. I'm planning on hoppy beers that only need 2 to 3 weeks conditioning.
In fact that's what I realised today, IPA s are a quicker beer all round so I doubt stouts, ales will be on the recipe list for the next few months. Just my personal preference anyway. When the sun's out I won't wanting to be drinking beer that's not ready.

I've got to admit it can be a bit **** with the same beer. But come summer I want to have plenty for me and Bob, my imaginary friend. I'm planning on hoppy beers that only need 2 to 3 weeks conditioning.
In fact that's what I realised today, IPA s are a quicker beer all round so I doubt stouts, ales will be on the recipe list for the next few months. Just my personal preference anyway. When the sun's out I won't wanting to be drinking beer that's not ready.

Lowish Bitters are good quick turnaround beers too

I suppose 23L is the best "bang for buck" brew volume and practical for the homebrewer, but personally I find it too much of the same beer most of the time.

I've got 2 cheap stock pots off eBay, 12L and 15L. I do the BIAB mash in the 12L pot (which conveniently just fits in the oven, heated up on min then turned off - keeps the mash temp up) then dunk sparge and boil in the 15L pot. I use this to make 12/13L AG brews, scaling the CAMRA book recipes down using Brewmate software. Works a treat. :thumb:
Yup, 23 litres of the same brew(for me at any rate) is too much,even more so if it turns out just so so.I want plenty of variety hence my small brews.If i do a really good brew i can always repeat it.

Latest posts

Back