Homebrew company extract kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a side note have you cantacted HBC about them selling you short on the LME? Iwould as they advertise the kits as having 3kg of LME when they seem to come with 2.4kg

If you have bought a kit which should have 2 x 1.5kg packs LME (and that's what you expected based on the description) and you received 2 x 1.2 kg packs of LME instead, I suggest to get back on to HBC and tell them, and then ask them how they are going to correct their error. What you should not be doing, in my view, is scratching around to make up the shortfall at your expense through no fault of your own.

HBC have messed up a few of my orders but put it right straight away. I guess they are super busy

ok got a reply from the hbc saying this is the right amount of lme for the kit so will just go ahead and brew it short. Thanks bounce good instructions will do this on friday see how it turns out.Cheers guys will let you know how it goes.

Yep terry it does say 2 x 1.5kg on the description, maybe somebody else who has ordered one of these kits could say what they recieved.

Yep terry it does say 2 x 1.5kg on the description, maybe somebody else who has ordered one of these kits could say what they recieved.
Sounds like you've been short changed old chap, and told a load of old ******** to get them off the hook.
Don't give up, be a champion of your consumer rights!
Tell em other customers are watching the outcome of this with interest.

I've done 3 of these kits, does it look anything like this? Mine had those pouches, must admit that I didn't read how much was in them and assumed it was 1.5kg each
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66191

I brewed them all short anyway (18-20L) as I like a bit more flavour.

Finally DON'T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS - there's absolutely no point doing a full 23L boil, the whole point of extract brewing is to reduce time by doing a smaller volume boil so you don't need a cooling stage. If you do a full-volume 23L boil you may as well do an AG brew and save a load of cash. Boiling 10-12L will be fine then top it up with cold water in the FV and stir.

Which kits do you have?

The stuff I have just says pure malt enhancer on the bag, will wait and see what they say. Cheers mate.

Ah, here you go
https://mangrovejacks.com/collections/consumables

Looks like the pouches of LME are 1.5kg and the pouches of "malt enhancer" (whatever that is) are 1.2kg.

I've never hear the term "malt enhancer" in all the years I've been brewing: how does it differ to LME? From the description on the packet, just seems to be a better version of LME so you don't need so much of it?

@darrellm same kits mate different extract mines is malt enhancer, anyway finished work early yesterday and just went ahead and made it up following bounces instructions brewed short to 18l got an sg of 1040 checked this morning and its bubbling away nicely,hopefully will turn out ok. Thanks again everybody for your help.much appreciated.

Would still like to know what Malt Enhancer is?

It says 1.2kg is equivalent to 1kg of DME/spraymalt. Whereas 1.5kg LME is equivalent to 1kg of DME/spraymalt. What's the difference between the two products?

Back