Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Wine, Cider & Other Home Brewing Talk > Wine & Cider Kit Reviews > Cellar 7 Cabernet Sauvignon

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Kirstin

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Re: Cellar 7 Cabernet Sauvignon

Just finished this kit - bottled it yesterday. Added too much water by accident so had to make up for it with extra sugar and grape juice added, so not quite the straight kit... alcohol is a bit higher than planned...

Still a very pleaseant drink and one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Very pleased with it.
People Like This 
Old 28-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
CycoSymz

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Having brewed this kit a little short (25 bottles), the taste is really fruity. Will be brewing another one soon.

Fermenting: DJ1 TC, DJ2 Blackberry Wine, DJ3 Hooch. FV1 Woodfords Wherry, FV2 Wilko's 30 bottle Merlot

Drinking: On the Rocks Apple Cider kit.
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Brewberoza

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 21

How long did you let it ferment before drinking? Was it the minimum 7 days or longer?

"He was a wise man who invented beer"

Old 28-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
unforgiven

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirstin
Just finished this kit - bottled it yesterday. Added too much water by accident so had to make up for it with extra sugar and grape juice added, so not quite the straight kit... alcohol is a bit higher than planned...

Still a very pleaseant drink and one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Very pleased with it.
im drinking this as i type mine turned out great for my first brew of anything
dublin12 Likes This 
Old 01-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
tonyhibbett

Liked 125 Times on 118 Posts

Cellar 7 kits only give you 26 bottles at best. However, I have tried several more expensive cabernet sauvignon kits and found the results much the same, so now I just stick with this, although I do add oak chips.
Small vineyard, currently 20 pinot noir, 4 rondo, 1 bacchus, 8 riesling, 2 dunkelfelder, 3 brandt, 3 regent, 2 flame, 3 strawberry grape, 1 phoenix, 3 vrogen van der laan, 1 chasselas dore, 4 chardonnay, 8 frankenthaler, 4 pinot blanc, 10 cabernet sauvignon, 2 Marechal Foch. 1 semillion, 4 madeleine angevine
dublin12 Likes This 
Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 AM   #6
dublin12

Liked 50 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhibbett View Post
Cellar 7 kits only give you 26 bottles at best. However, I have tried several more expensive cabernet sauvignon kits and found the results much the same, so now I just stick with this, although I do add oak chips.
Can you explain this - thought you had to top up to fill any gap at racking stage - do you just leave a 3 L gap for 24 hours ? Asking as I just completed a cellar 7 cabernet sauvingnon and topped it up to the neck of the 5 gallon demijohn.