Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Equipment Discussion > Grainfather v Braumeister v Brewster v Bulldog Brewer.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:19 PM   #131
Manxnorton

Liked 178 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 471

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMullan View Post
I've been making wort using a Braumeister (20L) for some time now. Personally, I think they are a little over priced. Having said that, they are fantastic. There's no serious competition out there, yet. So I don't see much in terms of price reductions, unfortunately. I came from extract then BIAB. The grainfather would have been very welcome had I not coughed up for a Braumeister. At the end of the day, we get what we pay for and make do with it.
Too right!
Watched the reviews til I got blue in the face...
So parted with my dosh for Grainfather..
TBH I'm chuffed I bought it! No matter the cost...a few brews under my belt and being one handed it's a god send tbh!!
Like you say we get what you pay for...

Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 AM   #132
BarleyFever

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxnorton View Post
Too right!
Watched the reviews til I got blue in the face...
So parted with my dosh for Grainfather..
TBH I'm chuffed I bought it! No matter the cost...a few brews under my belt and being one handed it's a god send tbh!!
Like you say we get what you pay for...
Likewise. Wanted to do AG and looked at a lot of reviews. Saw nothing but good things about the GF so I went for it. No regrets.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:43 AM   #133
Personal91

Liked 174 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale View Post
I may be looking at one of these next year, but have one problem. It will be set up in my garage which does not have a water supply. How do I cool the wort? I could move it to the FV and take that inside and cool in the sink.
Run the hose from your garden or from inside your house via an adaptor that fits a hose fitting on any tap