Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Discussion > What should my first brew be?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #1
r-evans

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default What should my first brew be?

Got most of my AG equipment now so time to start thinking about my first brew. Had a look around the recipes and how to's on here but can't find any recommendations for first time recipes.

Any things I should not try being a novice? Should I try a kit to start with?

My preferred styles are American style Pale Ale/IPA/DIPA so was thinking about a single hop APA but I guess having more hops doesn't really make it more difficult.

In my mind I'd want it to turn out something like a Beavertown Gamma Ray, tropical fruits, hoppy and maybe a bit of haze which I like. (I obviously know I'm not going to create anything close to that quality but just for an idea of the style I like)

Any recommendations?

Cheers in advance.

Fermenting - Empty FV

Bottled - Empty Bottles

Next brew day - First brew day, TBC