I brewed this yesterday, use BIAB method & thought i'd adjusted to 14L. But I undershot OG by about 10 points. I normally get quite a high efficiency but only managed 70%. The sample tasted quite bitter so I took a quick decision and added a jar of honey hoping to off set it.
I didnt really change anything in my process except thinking about it afterwards the sparge water was probably close to boiling point & my mash volume was slightly less than normal could this have made a big difference to OG.
I've just bottled another batch. I also missed my efficiency but it's only a few points difference, so didn't sweat it. Three week in FV and a week in the bottle. Tasted one last night as a test... already very good.
I am hoping to start off doing AG and this seems a great beer to start with. I can only do 5lt batches at the moment do i just half everything. And if when my new equipment comes how to i upgrade to 23 its
I used to love it, but it's just a chemical abortion these days.
No longer brewed in Newcastle and they no longer have a copyright on tha name because of that!
FV1 Good year bonus Ale AG
FV2 Not Middle Earth AG
Conditioning: Brew Buddy Pear Cider
Conditioning: Der Englander AG
Drinking: Ghost Dance APA AG
Drinking: Possessed Porter AG