I am new to brewing and got in to with as my neighbors do it.
Currently I am only doing beginners kits and I am looking to brew more pale beer / lager rather than the darker beers.
One of my favorite tipples is the Hoegaarden and I am trying to get close to a clone with the kit I have got.
I did some research in to what to get however I am in need of a little more help:
- Muntons 500g Wheat Spraymalt
- BrewFerm Wheat Beer 15ltr
- Curacao Bitter Orange peel Cut 100g
- Coriander Seeds 100g
The peel is "dried" in a package and the seeds I think are whole in a vacuum pack.
So now to my questions:
- To add the peel and coriander seeds it talks about adding 15 minutes from the end of a boil however as I am doing this with a kit can I just boil them in 1 - 2 L of water for 10 mins?
- Do I need to crush the Coriander Seeds?
- Do I need to boil them in a muslin bag or straight in the water?
- The spray malt is a replacement for sugar. Is that for both the main stage 1 fermentation and the bottling process or just for one?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.