Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Equipment Discussion > Anyone used the Brewster By Brewolution system?

Old 07-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
Notlaw
Dubbel Dragon

Liked 807 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 1422

Default Anyone used the Brewster By Brewolution system?

The Grainfather interests me despite the price, but looking at all the videos, reviews and blurb... to be honest, I think I prefer the look of the Brewster system. I know the GF does more and is only a hundred quid more, but I think the Brewster fits what I would want better. It also is a bit more of a friendly size for in the house. I think the GF sits a bit high if it's on a worktop.

Anyone got any experience of them of heard any detrimental information on them?

I'm a long way of buying something like this, but I like to do my homework in plenty of time so I know exactly what I'm doing.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #2
Hoddy

Liked 220 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Brewster looks really cheap and low quality to me. I looked across the range of the Brewster, to GF, and the BM.

I went for the BM in the end. And glad I did. But that's just me. But I know my BM would seriously last forever. The GF and decent amount of time. The Brewster....... Not long.

Whatever is ready

Follow me and see what i am up to on my YouTube Channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOv...dj5fHWB7nwO1ow

Tips, Tricks and general ramblings on everything to do with home brewing.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
Notlaw
Dubbel Dragon

Liked 807 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoddy View Post
Brewster looks really cheap and low quality to me. I looked across the range of the Brewster, to GF, and the BM.

I went for the BM in the end. And glad I did. But that's just me. But I know my BM would seriously last forever. The GF and decent amount of time. The Brewster....... Not long.
I have to say, I disagree slightly. I think the Brewster looks crap; that big sticker on the front looks awful, but the simple pipework is part of the appeal to me. It's all stuff that you can replace easily for next to nowt, you aren't reliant on proprietary spares and paying through the nose for accessories. All of those hoses and connectors could be replaced for around 15 quid. The build quality of the heater/mash bucket thing is pretty solid.

I have no doubt that the Braumeister is a far superior product, but for the price of it, it bloody well should be!!

Having said all this, I have been digging about and you could make your own equivalent of the Brewster for about 250 quid if you have a waft of technical ability. Although it would be using an immersion chiller rather than a counterflow.