Solomon Grundy's Elderflower Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madSimonJ

Reaction score
The packet alleges that the wine can be ready in a week. That's honestly a bit unlikely, and I've not been able to manage it after two goes, but that didn't surprise me.

The end results were pretty fantastic though. It was my first go at wine making ever, and it was all made very easy in the kit to follow the instructions.

Everyone I shared the wine with was similarly impressed with the quality of the finished product.

The only thing I'd say though, is that the recommend quantity of sugar added at the end makes the wine really *very* sweet. I'd say either don't add any back, or else perhaps just half of the recommended dose. That will result in a much better drink.

I have made several SG kits and as you say take the seven day prediction with a pinch of salt especially in winter.

I made a SG Gold Sauv Blanc. 23 litres from 0.5L kit - it's basically cat **** from a cat that died drinking water from a nuclear waste facility.

Back