Leftoverwort brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEB

Landlord.
Reaction score
Whilst hunting through my freezer for hops i discovered 3L frozen wort i had forgotten about. I decided to collect some extra wort from the 'real' brew i was doing and make up a smalll batch using the various worts. So no recipe as such.
The wort was 1.5L Porter, 1.5 L 1837 IPA, 14L NZPA at 1020. I decided to use Sticklebract hops as i have a lot of these still.

I don't know what this will turn out like-probably drinkable i hope. :pray:

I started freezing wort because i kept having a little left over in the MT. I was going to use it for yeast starters. But now i've turned it into a beer of some description. :cool:

Some pic's to follow. :grin:

If this comes out reasonable then i might make a habit of this. I usually stop sparging at about 1020 region. So often there is some weak wort left. It's almost like 'do 6 batches of beer-get one free'. :lol:

:lol:

I like stopping sparging at around 1.020, seems to produce better beer :grin:

I agree Wez. It gives my beer more sort of 'beerness'. If you know what i mean? ;)

P.S. I think i might have to change my Av back soon... I keep staring at it :|

MEB said:
I agree Wez. It gives my beer more sort of 'beerness'. If you know what i mean? ;)

i've got to be dead careful looking at this forum while at work if you've posted :lol:

BrewStew said:
i've got to be dead careful looking at this forum while at work if you've posted :lol:

She does have that certain look doesn't she :grin: If i cropped her **** out she'd still look like she's showing them to you.
:lol:

Bless her :clap:

BrewStew said:
MEB said:

:lol: :lol: For some reason I shoo my daughter away from the lappy so she doesn't see them :lol:

I'll get bored soon and go back to my boat Av. Probably... :lol:

My leftoverwort brew is now fermenting away nicely. Has a good krausen and the smell from the airlock is good. :cool:

I love brewing. :cheers:

Thought it's time i updated this...

Well, i'm drinking it as i write this. This has got to be the biggest joke of my brewing career so far. It got left in the FV for 31 days! I managed to rack off my NZPA the day before everything went a bit hectic here but the LOWbrew got left. The LOWbrew had a green mould on the surface when i finally came to rack it off but the smell was quite beery. It was bright too. :lol: As i was low on stock i thought 'what the hell' and racked it off into a cornie cos i couldn't be arsed to bottle it. This meant i was racking off a 14L bodge brew with mould on it into a 19L cornie. Not promising. I got 12L into the cornie before the mould started to worry me. It's been in the cornie for about 10 days now so i decided to 'sample' a bit tonight. I took a small wineglass out and expected to spit what i sampled. No spitting! It's not a great beer by a long way but it's drinkable. It reminds me of John Smiths strangely enough. Better than nothing i suppose. Which is the alternative at the moment-i can't get ale here unless i'm prepared to cough up 12.99 for a bottle of hobgoblin or if i'm lucky i can get 500ml of twisted thistle IPA for the same price. So i'm happy drinking john smith's. I don't think it's chance that it tastes like john smiths...

god bless your **** ring tomorrow morning :lol: :lol:

edit i just saw the date of your post.... so how was your stomach the next day? :sick:

Remakably my rusty bullet hole was fine. :shock:
Actually the last few pints were quite good. It may have well been all good if only i left it to mature properly. :roll:

Latest posts

Back