Brewday of disasters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
What a day ! Decided late yesterday to get a brew on so got up this morning off down the brewhouse tried to fill hlt hose frozen up :( so I though I'd get the fire on and warm the shed up while I was defrosting the hose this took sodding ages think the gas was too cold in the bottle anyway finally got the hose defrosted and hlt filled but lost an hour got to strike temp no worries hadn't weighed out though Id do a Big Kenny weighed out no prob under letted the mash tun 2.5 l tomthe kilo but mash looked a bit wet started the herms up and the brew looked a bit pale to be a Bk so then I'm worried I'd missed some grains out so I thought stuff it and added some more choc malt and roasted barley went darker lovelly but no longer a Bk 90 min later sparge time got to 37L 1036 then next disaster boil over because I'd left the lid on pot to try and speed things up more mess than loss though 1st hops in and surprise surprise not enough challenger oh well 30'min later weighed out the fuggles ok but no bobeck so in went hallertau 90 min later boil over chilled down flocking nicely ended up with 26L at 1046 so all in all I'm happy no pics today so I can't call it a Bk I've decided to call it Things can only get bitter reckon It may be a good one fingers crossed

hahah, sounds like fun. I'm still brewing in the kitchen. The whole house smells at the moment but I don't care, it's bloody freezing out there!
Good luck with it mate! As long as there's malt and hops in there, all should be well :thumb:

oh dear oh dear.
No more can be said apart form it'll be the greatest brew ever done and you won't be able to do it again. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back