campden and racking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tojo82

Reaction score
Hi all can I ask a question please. A month ago I stopped fermentation on my plum wine and added the necessary campden tablets. It was all gone well since and there is a little sediment at the bottom of my djs of the plum wine. Should I transfer the wine into a new sterilised dj so it is seperate to the sediment that has dropped to the bottom of the djs? If I do need to do this do I need to add campden tablets again? They are 5ltr djs and full of wine if this information is relevant. Thabk you.

Hi, new to the forum. Don't know how long you have had the plum on the go. I started a plum wine 3 years ago racked at end of first ferment, fitted air lock left in the dark for 3 months then 2nd racking tasted revolting adjusted sugar again left in dark again for further 9 months, repeated 1 year later and have now bottled wine crystal clear lovely smooth flavour. Have discovered that great patience is required treated my rosehip wine in the same way and again lovely. There may be an easier way my recipe is from my great aunts wine book from about 60 years ago. Good luck enjoy slurping.

Latest posts

Back