Tinned Peach Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this wine on sunday. Substituted the wgj for a hand full of raisins. Just wondering how long I should leave it on the must? Was thinking a 5 days?

I'll be interested to see how this goes - I made a tinned pear(unusually they were in wgj) last year and everybody loves it - Its a cross between a rose and a slight perry :) . Peach appears to be a CJJB favourite - It'll be interesting to know weather the Peach comes through in the final tasting :cheers:

Jsp22 said:
I made this wine on sunday. Substituted the wgj for a hand full of raisins. Just wondering how long I should leave it on the must? Was thinking a 5 days?

I mashed mine up as best I could (which wasn't very much) and bunged it all in the FV. I'm planning on just leaving it until I rack it once it's finished fermeting and then topping up with WGJ or water. I have no idea if that's a good thing to do or not though, fingers crossed. :wha:

I bottled mine today, and was very happy with it :D

I'll leave it a few weeks before drinking but it was fine today when I had a QC sip.

I also made tinned srawberry wine in exactly the same way and that was nice too - I'll be doing some more tinned fruit wines.

Thanks for sharing the recipe :cheers:

is this method any better than making simple wow inspired juice wines? more body, better taste maybe? Just curious as im going to try a pineapple wine and could use tinned pineapple rather than 100% from concentrate juice.

Im thinking of making this did anyone get round to making a step by step for me I'm a novice with things like this

The recipe is in the first post, just combine the ingredients in a FV and let it ferment.
Strain the pulp from juice after a week or so (or when primary fermentation has slowed) and transfer the juice to a dj with a bubbler to finish.

Latest posts

Back