AnyFord Mechanics?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
My Mondeo built 2013 has one of these:-

How do I update the map and do I really need to enter a code if I change the battery?
Is there a SD card and if so were is it?

Many Thanks. aamcle

Don't know about updating the map but isn't there a device you can plug into the cig lighter which maintains ECU memory etc etc whilst the battery is disconnected? Is it even necessary? I put a new battery in my Mazda 6 at the weekend without any such precautions, and all that happened was the trip meter reset to '0' and I had to reset the clock.

No idea on the maps and also hopefully someone can help properly but with the Battery, a lot of cars use a radio code so when the stereo is removed (disconnected from the battery, so removing the battery does the same thing) you have to enter the security code for it to work when reconnected. Its a bit of a pain if you don't have the code as dealers tend to charge a fair bit for a new code.

No idea on the maps and also hopefully someone can help properly but with the Battery, a lot of cars use a radio code so when the stereo is removed (disconnected from the battery, so removing the battery does the same thing) you have to enter the security code for it to work when reconnected. Its a bit of a pain if you don't have the code as dealers tend to charge a fair bit for a new code.

Ye I was worried that the radio wouldn't work when I swapped the battery but it was fine, despite being disconnected for 10 minutes or so. I do have the code but didn't fancy messing about - I was lucky maybe.

If you can get the thing out there will be a code on it somewhere. Have a Google and you can find all the codes to reset after battery swap. Did this on my focus a while ago

If you can get the thing out there will be a code on it somewhere. Have a Google and you can find all the codes to reset after battery swap. Did this on my focus a while ago

Interesting, defeats the object of a security code if it works.

I have the 2009 version of this, i think its called a Nav FX or something like that. Mine is DVD based system, but I'm pretty sure yours must be the later SD one.
On mine, you pull the volume nob off (N on the diagram) and then pull the plate off that sits behind it. then you can see a DVD slot, just like the CD one at the top. You have to go into the menu settings to eject it, but its pretty easy. I imagine yours will have a SD slot in the same place. Simply take it out, plug it into your computer and find/buy the maps. should be easy to find using your friend google.

Back