Mini kegs(use by)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Have mini kegged two beers(one to give away) and one for myself.Both kegged around three weeks ago.
Question is how long can the beer stay kegged for. At present i am on tablets and am unlikely to be drinking much at all ,certainly not a mini keg of beer until end of january. Assume that unopened they can be kept for some time in a similar vein to bottles.?
cheers

Have mini kegged two beers(one to give away) and one for myself.Both kegged around three weeks ago.
Question is how long can the beer stay kegged for. At present i am on tablets and am unlikely to be drinking much at all ,certainly not a mini keg of beer until end of january. Assume that unopened they can be kept for some time in a similar vein to bottles.?
cheers
Anyone?
:thumb:

Yes they should last as long as bottles if kept properly. The longest I’ve kept one was 6 months and it still had some hop aroma which I was sure would have faded!

All about temperature kept at, as long as there are no major swings where you keep the beer it should be fine for as long as you can bare to leave it.

Aa already stated, beer in an MK should last as long as beer in a bottle ... :thumb:

... but I recommend that you go back and see whoever put you on the "no alcohol tablets". :lol:

I came back with some problems after spending two months on a dry drillship out in the Bay of Bengal and as the Doctor was writing out the prescription her said the usual "Of course, when taking these tablets you won't be able to drink any alcohol."

I pointed out where I had been the previous eight weeks and as I explained the problem he tore up the original prescription and wrote out another one!

I suspect that the "Don't drink any alcohol." tablets were the cheapest ones available! :whistle:

Latest posts

Back