Turbo cider recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes in cool conditions cider can ferment for a few minths. But Malolactic fermentation can go on for 6-8 months dependent on temp. Traditionally cider was brewed in october time and left all winter to ferment then bottled in the spring time. :thumb:

Cheers, am I ok to bottle it now with bit of sugar? I don't have to do anything else like stop the ferment as I would with wine?

Any difference depending on what type of apple juice you use? is 'from concentrate' or the cloudy style juice ok or should it be another type?
Just asking

Cloudy juice won't ever clear.
Most people use "from concentrate".
Some people reckon they can tell the difference between different juices, but so far for me the other factors that vary seem to be just as important.

Yep, you just let it go until the yeast gives up.
It's how me an t'missus like it though!

Well I have some lovely slow fermented cloudy cider that is very nice. Brewed Dec, bottled April, drank May. :cheers: :cheers:

Bought my juice from asda, smart price brand 50% concentrate...currently fermenting. Will average out at 20-21pence per pint :)
50 pints on the go...

Hi all - I ferment my apple TC to dryness and then back-sweeten with a supermarket Apple and Elderflower (sugar-free) cordial.. pour out a pint, and sweeten bit by bit to taste, then extend the proportion to the whole batch. Cordial seems to add a little body and counteracts the lack of character and thin-ness that you tend to get with TC.. doesn't feel very 'purist' but I like it. I generally go for still cider and I'm not sure what effect any preservatives in the cordial would have on a secondary / priming fermentation... might give it a go on the latest batch though. Cheers - Chris.

Hi am trying an apple wine fairly new to all of this ,brought a mix of different apples, put rosehips in but worried I haven't cut apple small enough ?does this make any difference,all in fermenter with sugar supposed to leave for two weeks ,bubbling well but think it might be to sweet

Hi all made as my first attempt at wine a kit of reisling boy was it sour tried two or three bottles but gave up tipped all back in fermenter added sugar now like syrup, so got it started ok with new yeast ,now can't stop it tried two lots of stableliser but stops for while then away it goes again ,found on google leave 30days which is end of month, hope it hasn't gone back to start

Latest posts

Back