The maiden brew (now with pics)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well the day has finally come to run the new improved brewery up so as acquick brew I'm doing a mild think i'll call it (Mild un brew)
Pics will follow things going to plan at the moment 1slight hiccup forgot to connect germs outlet to the MT only had a quick spill nothing major
Recipe is as follows
5.44 kg pale MO
0.59 kg chocolate malt
0.20 kg caramalt
Then Ek goldings for 90 min
Followed by Ek goldings 30 min
Expected Sg 10.39
FG 10.10
The grain bill
57b45cee.jpg

the mash
27ce300d.jpg

the control box mash temp
852333de.jpg

the mash with herms doing its stuff
f904dd10.jpg

more herms pics
ab02c312.jpg

The head brewer ;)
9e8b18dc.jpg

sparging into the boiler bottom feed
158f3034.jpg

1st hops doing in
7be6ed00.jpg

2nd hops
db262f79.jpg

protofloc i didnt forget lmao
f42621c9.jpg

the final product 1038 after temp adjustment
35292128.jpg

well never used herms before found it quite straightforward after i remembered to connect the hose from the herms to the MT was ok didnt lose any wort just a litre or so of water
i now have 47 litres to give me a head start

May the brewing Gods look down on your shiny stuff and bless you with a great beer :pray:

Shrek said:
May the brewing Gods look down on your shiny stuff and bless you with a great beer :pray:
I certainly hope so it's been a while just waiting for the boiler to come to the boil then 1st hops in

I haven't had a phone call, so eddie hasn't pickled his brains with which pipe goes where or which switch does what, so it should be a good un :D

muddydisco said:
I haven't had a phone call, so eddie hasn't pickled his brains with which pipe goes where or which switch does what, so it should be a good un :D

Looking at the control panel he could be TRYING use that to call you MD :lol: :lol:

Have a good one Eddie remember lots of pic's please.

snail59 said:
Where did you get your hop stopper from Eddie. Is it an MD custom made job.
yes its all MD's work id never be able to fab that works great a little more loss than expected but i think a short [iece of vossys hose to create a syphon effect will reduce that still only about 2l of loss

Back