average brewer's age

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started out at 16, had a few lengthy breaks in brewing activity, recently returned and now almost 45.

I also follow the more-evolved hairstyle favoured by Northern Brewer and Baz Chaz :)

Northern Brewer said:
[quote="Baz Chaz":312ef0n8]
Nice haircut Northern Brewer, good to see someone else with a sense of style ;) :lol:

:D Baldness is the next stage in human evolution :thumb:

therefore, by deduction, if your have a full head of hair, then....... :whistle: :P[/quote:312ef0n8]
i'm sporting the same style myself all be a bit shorter (when i can be bothered to grade 1 it )
i like to think it as slim line :whistle:

andyd said:
... I also follow the more-evolved hairstyle favoured by Northern Brewer and Baz Chaz :)

Ey up, have we started a trend :rofl:

Very hygienic hairstyles there, guys.
Not much danger of things falling out of (or off) your bonce when leaning over the vessels :thumb:

I started brewing wine when i was around 27ish, im now 37 and have begun brewing beer.

Must be a 10 year thing, i wonder what i will be brewing at 47 :lol:

Andyhull said:
I started brewing wine when i was around 27ish, im now 37 and have begun brewing beer.

Must be a 10 year thing, i wonder what i will be brewing at 47 :lol:

Dunno ... :hmm: but you could be losing your hair :lol:

Andyhull said:
but you could be losing your hair

Already happening :cry:

Cheer up! your on the evolutionary fast track. "To this end, it can be concluded that benefits stemming from the loss of human body hair must be great enough to outweigh the loss of these protective functions by nakedness"

If I got depressed by the lack of a mop top I would just think of all the ridiculous hairstyles and the cost of maintaining them and have a beer. :cheers:

If you get really depressed, put a few rabbits on your head, from a distance they look like hares :lol:

I lost my hair in my late 20s so was pretty conscious of it, however a conventional hair transplant wasn't possible as there were not may donor sites on my head to take it from :(

It was at that point I found an absolutely fool proof solution in the small ads of the News of the World or similar, the ad was right next to the advert for the "big slipper" AKA one slipper you put both feet in. This must have caused quite a few falls in it's time - doorbell rings, you stand up, fall over and bray your head in on the mantlepiece. Anyway we digress...

The solution was a pubic graft, basically a hair transplant using pubic hair. I now have luxuriant curly hair, the only side effect is that the first thing I have to do when I wake up is give my head a good scratch.......... ;)

Northern Brewer said:
.......... The solution was a pubic graft, basically a hair transplant using pubic hair. I now have luxuriant curly hair, the only side effect is that the first thing I have to do when I wake up is give my head a good scratch.......... ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb:

At 55 I fortunately still have a few waves left but a lot more beach than I would like!

Someone needs to trawl through the 5 pages and answer the original question of the average age!!! :lol:

(I should have checked through all the pages myself in case this has already been done....if it has I'll take the abuse like a man..... :whistle: )

Now 77, started brewing kit beer in 1969 and have brewed it continuously to the present day ever since. Always enjoyed good health throughout the brewing years which I don't know if is down to the beer or the fact that I was road running for 36 of those years 1970/2006 and since then have used an indoor bike.

Maybe it's a mix of both.

Am 32 now.

First started brewing with my dad when I was about 10, and helped him out for a few years. Then, I just started enjoying his beer ;) Then, I had a few kits of my own at home when I was about 19. Then, I hadn't touched it for a while, but started beginning of this year... Brewed 3 kits so far. 2 conditioning, and 1 in FV. Can't wait to give them a try! Need to get plenty on to be able to have plenty to keep me going whilst others condition ;) Hopefully keep doing it for a while :)

started at 16 / 17 with kits and extra sugar lethal! Then moved on to mass kit production at uni, stopped around 22 for 15 years then started again doing AG 5 years ago. Now 42.

Latest posts

Back