average brewer's age

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aleman said:
Started AG at 17 . . . Shortly to be 49

Lot more people (and younger) getting into it in teh last 5 years or so . . .No longer an old mans game (although you wouldn't know that from the NCBA :lol: )

I remember reading during the credit crunch that sales went up something ridiculous like 20%! Suppose once you're into it, it's not something you easily get rid of. it's a great penny pincher over here because of our tax. i feel great tonight knowing that I'm not going to spend £8 on beer because I've got 5 gallons of a £15 kit in the conservatory :cheers:

im 23 and bottled up my 1st lager kit 3 days ago. got a muntons gold kit to do next when i free up some bottles. :cheers:

47yrs young here. :cheers:

Started brewing wine kits approx three yrs ago. Lager kits, TC, and wine from concentrate about 6 months ago after discovering this forum :clap: :clap:

started thirty-five'ish years ago. cos we were skint! never stopped since. too many 'alcoholically dependant good time family' to cater for.

My mum used to work in a brewery in Sheffield and i spent lots of time there as a kid....... if that counts :whistle:

If not, :roll: Ive always been interested in brewing and started with kit when i was 24 and took the jump onto AG when I was 25 and LOVE IT :party:

:cheers:

Come to think about it, my son first mashed in at 2 months old. A 10.5% American style IPA. Should be ready for his first birthday. Hope he drinks responsibly though, as there is nothing worse than a baby with a hangover.

24 and this must be the best hobby i have taken up. Once u have the equipment its so cheap and i will hopefully have beer all year round,

I'm 32 and my six year old helps me plus I make him ginger beer none al though ;-)

started brewing at 14 as a way of getting ****** Cheap
it was about 5 quid for a40 pint lager kit then and I stole a bag of sugar out the pantry ha ha
Stopped for a bit when I found out about women and what my cock was for now 28 and not getting it so much since my son was born so got the home brew kit out to pass the time
And who said all we think about is beer and sex? :cheers:

stu brew said:
I'm 32 and my six year old helps me plus I make him ginger beer none al though ;-)

My 3&6 year olds helped me do my first kit i would love to let them make something for themselves could i trouble you for your n/a ginger beer recipie/instructions. please :D

I'm 32 now and really only got stuck into brewing properly last year...although my very first brew was a peach schnapps kit aged 17. My family also used to brew....so I have extensive experience of being made to go out to the fields to pick the dandelions when I was a little girl lol!! :)

62 and started brewing beer about 35 years ago. my first brew was Delrosa wine when I was 17 or 18 :hmm:

27 now but used to help my dad was I was younger with his wine and lived in a pub for a few years so had no need to brew. Started back doing 1 kit when I was 21 but my mate decided that the instructions were only a slack guideline and dumped loads of sugar in it and ruined it. Started AG brewing about 3 years ago. I work away most of the year and try and get as many brews in as possible when I am at home. Sometimes 3 x 25l in one day as I only have a 23l mash tun. Upgrades due in the summer.

started helping my dad at 8, started brewing his beer at 14(started nicking "his" beer about then too :D )did kits up in till i was 29 then went all grain and built a rudimentary kit(a la graham wheeler) went pro at 39 and im 41 now.......

"give a man a beer -waste an hour,"
"teach a man to brew- waste a life!" :party:

Was picking wild and cultivated fruit, flowers, plants and veggies for my Mum's wine making exploits when at primary school. Used to have my own "ginger beer plant" as a kid too. Made some brilliant stuff and some horribly infected manky stuff too...

...but brewing in earnest started last year aged 36. It seems from reading the replies that it really isn't an "old man's game" at all. Maybe just some beer drinkers of all ages getting ticked off with the commercials instead?

Back