where's all the AG brewers gone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnluc

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, please don't anyone get offended but as anyone else noticed that recently over the last couple of weeks the majority of posts on here seem to be all about kit brewing very few on AG, or is it just me.
johnluc

I have noticed as well. No one seems t want to step up to all grain either. I can't remember the last time I welcomed someone to the darkside, that seems to have gone by the by along with word association game.

We are rapidly becoming a forum of lager kit drinkers. Back in the day you couldn't even mention the L word. I suppose the ecconomic climate has brought a new breed of brewers.

Long live AG

I won't use it again but even UP said he went into a pub and had a pint of L last weekend, it wasn't even warm. :lol: :lol:

Anyway I usually spell it Larger and get into even more trouble.

it did take me a long time to get sorted i did a nice long slow build :thumb: but i got there in the end i can not wait to drink my first brews :sick: lol lol :drink:

I'm about to step upto the plate in a few weeks so prepare for the questions. Kit brewing just isn't challenging enough!

Me too!! Got a viewing on the flat this weekend so that's step one on the "dark path"... :)

My house is getting darker all the time. Now got all the bits to make my mash tun from a cool box and a plastic bucket boiler for the LT. I just need to put it all together. A few more weeks and then the questions will come. :cheers:

It's largely, if not entirely due to this forum that I'm leaving the kits behind and moving to AG (albeit via extract).

:cheers:

Well done all of you I look forward to welcoming you all to the darkside very soon. At least there is not the apathy to AG brewing which I had feared . And perhaps soon we will all be discussing mash temps sparging, and the relationship between bittering units and gravity units, instead of which coopers L*ger kit to brew next.

:cheers: :cheers:

Indeed, but I have to say that it's thanks to the advances in kits that my interest in brewing my own has been peeked.

Some of the kits my step dad used to brew were pretty rank, it was a comment on here suggesting there were good kits out there that made me start...

...and you lot demystifying AG just makes the grass on the dark side look all the more hoppy. :)

graysalchemy said:
At least there is not the apathy to AG brewing which I had feared

On the contrary, the only thing stopping me right now is spare cash! Will be up and running by the end of may though!

There is certainly not apathy. And this forum has helped to demystify some of the equipment problems such as PID's and SSR's etc. I look forward to asking the questions, but untill I get going I don't know what to ask and why. I do think you need to use the ingredients to understand the subtle differences.

Id like to move to AG, i have not even tasted my first kit and id love to move to AG as it looks so much more in depth and involved, i have two kits fermenting/conditioning and planing my third with the addition of specialty grains and hops thanks to pittsy, cheers my man.

I have started researching and collecting parts for the inevitable jump, have a brand new 30l water boiler coming free of charge and im sourcing a cooler box as a mash tun, its all in good time though and plan on enjoying what ever i brew in the mean time but you have my word... i will defect when the means allow.

graysalchemy said:
I have noticed as well. No one seems t want to step up to all grain either. I can't remember the last time I welcomed someone to the darkside, that seems to have gone by the by along with word association game.

We are rapidly becoming a forum of lager kit drinkers. Back in the day you couldn't even mention the L word. I suppose the ecconomic climate has brought a new breed of brewers.

Long live AG

From what i've seen most of the ag brewers (and wine aswell) who posted a lot on here in times gone by have been made into moderators, and from past forum experience as soon as that happens most of them get that busy tidying the place up and looking after us plebs that they don't get chance to post as much. So as long as we all behave :lol: we might get them back. Then again keeping the spammers at bay must be a challenge :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Back