Back to Basic's 2, Showing how easy AG is.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea ive heard of bread being used in ancient times why not try only thing you may need proper bread as opposed to your average white sliced because of the preservatives

Ive just started this - got everything mashed in, im doing a modified BIAB style with an underwear washing machine bag :eek: as the bag!

I got paid today, so I'm off to my LHBS tomorrow to see if I can get hold of the grain bill for a sensible amount of cash.

I've got a large, as in 15 litre (so not really large) stockpot, so that shold allow me to mash and boil in, a colander and flour shaker for removing the grain and hos respectively, and 'one or two' spare demi johns following my recent eBay score of 10 for £15 :D

I know I can buy a kilo of pale malt, if I can scrounge a few grammes of A N Other grain I'm on, not sure I want to buy a kilo just to use 40 grammes though..

evanvine said:
I think the whole idea is to demonsttrate to non-AG brewers how easy AG is.
Just use your kilo of pale malt, you will get a good brew.

Good with me, I think I've read that rolled oats are a useful additive, if this comes off I might throw some porridge into the grain bill ;) :)

Whatever I brew with, it's gonna be interesting, I've read various stuff on here and am half way through my first brewing book, thihs will be "the first giant step" for brewing in my house :)

mine is done

750g MO
40g Crystal
25g Wheat

5g Magnum @ 60 mins
5g Perle + 5g Cascade @15 mins
5g Cascade @ 0 mins
A sprinkle of whirlfloc dust

Brewday thread is here

Well, I did it, most of it anyway.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28932

Linky to thread with pictures.

Very, VERY, basic, but my first time with grain, an interesting experience.

When I do this again I'll make sure I've got a better idea of temperature drop when te grains are added, or I'll use a heated mash tun, I'm not sure I got the mashing temperature right at all. Everything else went surprising easy (I think).

I got my grains and hops today all thanks to MD.

I'm HOPING to get this going on Sunday, as I have the Scotland game tomorrow, so will see what happens :D

BigYin said:
If the freecycler who offered me some demijohns comes good I'll definitely be giving this a go :mrgreen:

I finally have some demijohns, so now all I need to do is set aside the time to do the brew :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back