Chilli Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banksy said:
Any reason not to chop a chilli and shove it into a WOW?

I am currently growing jalapinos, cayennes and habaneros. God only knows what I am going to do with the latter. The first two are ripe and ready.

Habaneros are great .. whats up with u man :lol: :lol: :lol: .... try the devils penis (pene de diablo) chilli or the naga viper :P both make the habaneros look like candy :lol: :lol: ... just a pity can only get dried in the uk

Got this off of homewinemaking.co.uk, been thinking about this for a while now:

Jalepeno Wine!

If you love chilli's you'll love this..

12 green Jalepeno's (hot)
tin of white grape concerntrate or 2lbs of raisans
3lbs of sugar
1sp of ....
Citric acid
tannin
peptic
nutrient and yeast

Boiled up chopped (remove seeds as they can make it bitter) Jalepenos in 2l water, left to boil for 15 minutes (leave the room as the fumes are horrid!) then add the sguar stir til disolved
leave til its body temperature, or you can put a finger in without buring yourself.
Chuck in everything else.
Leave in primary for 7 days and then strain into demijohn.
Rack when sediment forms, and keep racking until sediment is all gone.

If you want something more drinkable rather than sippable, try..
8 green jalepeno (medium) use 500extra raisans
OR..
4 green jalepeno (mild) use 1lb extra raisans

Wine is drinkable after 12months, but even better after 18!

I know this is a dead post but I thought I would chip in regardless. At the end of October when I was bottling my EDME lager I decided to make use of a bird eye chilli that was in the fridge, and quartered it and chucked it (including the seeds) into a 2 litre PET of the lager. Obviously, I should have used muslin or a coffee filter to get the bits out but I didn't have anything suitable when I poured myself a pint the other night. Tbh it was actually quite nice, with the right amount of heat for me so I would definately do it again, although I would definately recommend doing smaller bottles (maybe pints or halfs) because after 2 pints of the stuff I had had enough! On a seperately note, I don't think much to the EDME lager in general, even though it smelt pretty damn tasty whilst it was brewing.

Latest posts

Back