STRAWBERRY RIBENA WINE

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just racked off mine and asked the misses to have a little taste and she pulled some funny faces and said 'thats the worse wine i've ever tasted!'
I thought it was a little sharp but put that down to not being totally ready but not the worse.

I'm hoping leaving it a month or so to clear naturally will calm it down.

Think i may have added to much sugar to start....... :wha:

Started a strawberry ribena on the 20/2/11 the og was high at 1.120 i have had a heating belt around it from the start .Five days ago it had a reading of 1.020. I dont like sweet wines and was hoping to get it down to 1.000. Did anyone have similar fermenting times and do you thing it will ferment much more ? I didnt think it would take this long.

Endadmcc said:
Started a strawberry ribena on the 20/2/11 the og was high at 1.120 i have had a heating belt around it from the start .Five days ago it had a reading of 1.020. I dont like sweet wines and was hoping to get it down to 1.000. Did anyone have similar fermenting times and do you thing it will ferment much more ? I didnt think it would take this long.
Mine was really slow after reaching about the same SG. It got there in the end though and finished at about 1.005

mine stopped at 1008 wich is no good for me i like it dry so the other day i put 100ml of grape juice in a spare dj along with 75ml water and some youngs super yeast then put it in airing cupboard to start fermenting then every 12 hrs i fed it 1 litre of the stuck ribena and its now down to 992 and still fermenting slowly :thumb:

That sounds like a good idea will check it again and if it has not moved anymore will try your idea. :pray:

hey there,

i had to give this a go. however, what are the brew time of this? mines been going for over a month. is there a time were i should just stop the brewign and rack it off?

any help would be awesome

cheers

dave

Back