coopers australian stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrewBilly said:
mick may said:
BrewBilly said:
All the above posts are very interesting, thank you for the pictures.

I'm busy drinking the Coopers Irish Stout, its lovely. I did a little experiment using left over carbonation drops and dark demara sugar.

I had a fantastic result, both methods gave good carbonation, but the demara sugar had better head formation and retention. There also seemed a something added to the flavour using the demara sugar. All in all a good result.

Fantastic thread - well done, very useful

thank you very much billy.. :D .

ill have to try some demara sugar some time how much did you prime with i always batch prime my brews i find it easyer ...

regards mick... :hat: .

Mick

Apologies for the extremely late delay in replying to your question.

I used a bakers teaspoon of demara sugar per 500ml bottle and got fantastic results.

Cheers
BrewBilly

no worrys billy thanks for the reply but i have to ask.
is a bakers teaspoon the same as a normal one :wha: .

regards mick.... :hat: .

Mick

Im not to sure, a bakers tsp is probably more accurate than just using a regular tsp.

It was a tsp the swmbo uses for baking so I used a level tsp per 500ml.

Cheers
BrewBilly

BrewBilly said:
Mick

Im not to sure, a bakers tsp is probably more accurate than just using a regular tsp.

Cheers
BrewBilly

ok thats fine,
i got measuring spoons for cooking and one is 1 teaspoon thats what i use ... :thumb:

mick may said:
BrewBilly said:
Mick

Cheers
BrewBilly

ok thats fine,
i got measuring spoons for cooking and one is 1 teaspoon thats what i use ... :thumb:

Good job

How did using demara sugar work out for you?

Cheers
BrewBilly

BrewBilly said:
mick may said:
BrewBilly said:
Mick

Cheers
BrewBilly

ok thats fine,

Good job

How did using demara sugar work out for you?

Cheers
BrewBilly

i havent used it yet ... :doh:
as iv been brewing other kits ...
but i will when i do another coopers stout... :thumb:

Have you had a go at the Coppers Irish Stout? I thought it was good, really good comments from folk who tried it.

Cheers
BrewBilly

BrewBilly said:
Have you had a go at the Coppers Irish Stout? I thought it was good, really good comments from folk who tried it.

Cheers
BrewBilly

no iv not ever seen it up wikinson and thats where i get my kits from or some times tesco order on line but pick up in store when there on offer ..
but it always been the australian one ... :thumb: .

I have nearly 5 gallons of this im about to put in a pressure barrel. Whats the best sugar to use and amount for 21litres please?

willardx said:
I have nearly 5 gallons of this im about to put in a pressure barrel. Whats the best sugar to use and amount for 21litres please?

I used one tsp of dark demara sugar per 500ml pet bottle, was very nice IMHO. But you could also use plain sugar or brewing sugar.

Cheers
BrewBilly

i think next time i do a coopers astralian stout...
ill try the brown sugar ... :thumb:

I bottled a stout a mate of mine and I shared. We steeped some crystal malt and added that, a tin of treacle. We then fermented for 2wks then bottled his half. I the dry hopped with 25g fuggles for a week and bottled a week ago. Tasted great. Just waiting for some carbonation then I'll try one this weekend hopefully. Interesting experiment.

BrewBilly said:
I bottled a stout a mate of mine and I shared. We steeped some crystal malt and added that, a tin of treacle. We then fermented for 2wks then bottled his half. I the dry hopped with 25g fuggles for a week and bottled a week ago. Tasted great. Just waiting for some carbonation then I'll try one this weekend hopefully. Interesting experiment.

hi brewbilly... :thumb: .

sounds nice ... :)

i no theres always ways to improve these kits ... ;) .

we just need to find them...
so i look forward to finding out how they both turned out ... :cheers:

[quote

quote]

I find the Coopers website have some sound starting points for modifying the kits. It's a good basis for really experimenting
:drunk:

Davybarman said:
[quote

quote]

I find the Coopers website have some sound starting points for modifying the kits. It's a good basis for really experimenting
:drunk:

thanks ill have to look that site up and have a look... :thumb: .

Latest posts

Back